PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2008, 04:29 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

PaulB007 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to PaulB007 Send a message via MSN to PaulB007
Big newbie, need a little help please!

I just recently bought the touch pro. I have active sync working. I am trying to install Advanced Configuration tool, dont know what to do.

Where in gods name do I put these files and in what folders, and how do they install? I have tried reading the FAQ but it doesnt provide instructions and I have looked for hours without explanation. Can anyone please help? Direct me to a tutorial or explain it for me? Thanks so much.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:31 AM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh
Re: Big newbie, need a little help please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulB007 View Post
I just recently bought the touch pro. I have active sync working. I am trying to install Advanced Configuration tool, dont know what to do.

Where in gods name do I put these files and in what folders, and how do they install? I have tried reading the FAQ but it doesnt provide instructions and I have looked for hours without explanation. Can anyone please help? Direct me to a tutorial or explain it for me? Thanks so much.

After you downloaded the file, put the file on the sd card that came with your phone.
Next put the sd card into your phone, and go into programs, and lauch file explorer.
Next click on the little arrow in the top left corner, and select storage card, and then click on the file in your sd card that you copied, and it should start installing, once its done installing you go into programs and launch it.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:00 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulB007 View Post

How many files do you have? If it's a zip file, you can go ahead and unzip it on your PC. All you really need is the .cab file. Then, follow the steps Merdinh suggested. Fine that .cab file and double click it. It is essentially a .exe for your phone.

Once you install it, you should find it listed in 'All Programs'
Old 12-24-2008, 09:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

discipler is just getting started

Hi PaulBoo7,
Here is a link for downloading either to your PC (to then transfer to phone via USB and Activesync: http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...tion-tool.html) or the "mobi" version that downloads straight from the website directly to your phone via your phone's Opera Internet Browser. However you get the cab file to your phone, you should create a subfolder on your Storage card called, as a suggestion, "Downloads" (See the snapshot from my phone, which shows my Downloads folder on my storage card and the dropdown menu shows how it is a subfolder on the Storage Card). If you have a large capacity memory SD card, you want to keep these things in case of a hard reset on your phone, reloading the favorite programs will be as easy as executing the programs again from the memory card. The "cab" file is a like an application file on your PC that ends with "exe". When you click the "cab" file, a page will pop up on your phone. Follow the instructions. Unless you are short on memory on your device, select "device" memory for loading the Advanced Config program onto your phone. The phone will let you know that the program successfully loaded onto your phone. Now go to the "programs" folder, the last TF3D tab to the right, and scroll until you find your program.
Old 12-25-2008, 11:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: AT&T Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

emesbe is a n00b

Don't forget that Advanced Config only works with .Net CF 3.5. PaulB007, see the info at this link: http://www.modaco.com/content/window...ding-your-rom/
(it's from Modaco, hope nobody minds). Download the cab files to your storage card, follow the directions and you should be o.k.

Original Qualcom Palm phone
Kyocera crap phone
Treo 600, 650, 700w, 700wx
Moto Q
Fuze
Old 12-25-2008, 11:41 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

u guys are overwhelming him lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro