PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2008, 01:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: battery booster

Quote:
Originally Posted by theevilmonkee View Post
Could somebody give me a link to this regedit?

Thanks for all the input
I thought you don't even have a TP yet.

Just my opinion, but I upgraded from the Mogul and haven't seen much of a difference in battery life... if you aren't doing too much data intensive stuff your battery life should be fine.
Make sure you read those "problem" threads in the TP forum with a grain of salt. I'm not saying people aren't haven't problems but there also tends to be alot of people who are not having any issues either. Remember the one with problems usually speak up.

Last edited by x10guy; 12-25-2008 at 01:32 PM.
Old 12-25-2008, 10:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro (sprint)
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

theevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartheevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartheevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
I thought you don't even have a TP yet.

Just my opinion, but I upgraded from the Mogul and haven't seen much of a difference in battery life... if you aren't doing too much data intensive stuff your battery life should be fine.
Make sure you read those "problem" threads in the TP forum with a grain of salt. I'm not saying people aren't haven't problems but there also tends to be alot of people who are not having any issues either. Remember the one with problems usually speak up.
I actually got it yesterday, in fact. So far I am not impressed AT ALL by the battery...at all.

I have found that it is necessary to set the brightness of the screen on the lowest.

I am probably gonna buy some high quality rechargeable batteries along with the battery booster mentioned in the OP.

So other than the battery, this phone is freakin' awesome so far! I am very impressed.

But what are you talking about when you say these problems? Are you talking about problems involving the regedit or what? BTW, (to anyone), what exactly does this regedit do? Does it, in a nutshell, just let the device suck more out of the battery than it knows to (I dunno).

Thanks
Old 12-26-2008, 05:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: AT&T Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

emesbe is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
Beware of Seidio's battery cover for the extended batteries... I don't know if you're quite up to carrying them around
The 1500 is the same size as the stock one -- it uses the stock cover.

Original Qualcom Palm phone
Kyocera crap phone
Treo 600, 650, 700w, 700wx
Moto Q
Fuze
Old 12-26-2008, 08:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by emesbe View Post
I would suggest just getting the 1500 mAh battery: http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...de=BASI15HTCX1

I've had it for about a week and the difference is very noticeable.
Very noticeable??? In what way, it certainly isn't in the life of the charge as they hardly last any longer than the stock batt that comes with the phone.

I have three of the Seidio batts (I have two cradles that will charge the phone & a spare batt simultaneously). They are high quality (& read a charge correctly etc) & are so small & light I can carry one or two spares & not even know I have them, but to call them "high capacity" is a total joke........

~John
Old 12-27-2008, 12:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro (sprint)
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

theevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartheevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartheevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by theevilmonkee View Post
I actually got it yesterday, in fact. So far I am not impressed AT ALL by the battery...at all.

I have found that it is necessary to set the brightness of the screen on the lowest.

I am probably gonna buy some high quality rechargeable batteries along with the battery booster mentioned in the OP.

So other than the battery, this phone is freakin' awesome so far! I am very impressed.

But what are you talking about when you say these problems? Are you talking about problems involving the regedit or what? BTW, (to anyone), what exactly does this regedit do? Does it, in a nutshell, just let the device suck more out of the battery than it knows to (I dunno).

Thanks
(i'm quoting myself)... up!
Old 12-27-2008, 12:58 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
The 1500 is the same size as the stock one -- it uses the stock cover.
Oh, my bad. I got mixed up with their new larger capacity battery.
Old 12-27-2008, 01:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cd85233 is becoming a great contributor

Lumos helps imho, most of the time I don't need bright screen so this reduces batter drain. I have no tweaks, unless you consider Lumos a tweak...

Having used HTC phones for over two years, the TP is the second best battery life I have had. The batter life seems to get better as I use it more. First days it was necesarry to recharge mid-day. Now, I don't charge it until night time.

No need for extended battery here.

P.S I text non stop some days, and browse the net a lot at work.
Old 12-27-2008, 01:13 AM
No Mo' WinMo :(
Pocket PC: Nexus 7 / Galaxy Note 3 / Droid Ultra

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP

This seemed to have worked for me.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...hlight=battery
Old 12-27-2008, 04:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: AT&T Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

emesbe is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Very noticeable??? In what way, it certainly isn't in the life of the charge as they hardly last any longer than the stock batt that comes with the phone.

I have three of the Seidio batts (I have two cradles that will charge the phone & a spare batt simultaneously). They are high quality (& read a charge correctly etc) & are so small & light I can carry one or two spares & not even know I have them, but to call them "high capacity" is a total joke........

~John
"Very noticeable" as in several hours difference -- and I consider myself a heavy user. I have noticed from several boards that battery life seems to be a hit or miss proposition from one device to another. Same with GPS -- and I don't have a lag problem. Go figure.
Old 12-27-2008, 01:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
"Very noticeable" as in several hours difference -- .
If you are getting "several hours" more use, your original batt has got to be defective.

There is NO WAY these batts are high enough capacity to give that kind of increase.....

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro