PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2008, 06:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Nagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ringtone limitations - how to get around?

Weird thing I just noticed - while I can make mp3 ringtones using the trimmer and know the 2 different directories to place them in for use, it looks like the Sounds & Notifications settings will only allow my mp3 ringtones to be used for the phone rings. For voicemails, etc. it seems to not display them in the choice list.

Is that because they need to be formatted as .wav files, or what?
Old 12-23-2008, 07:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

MaryGladys is keeping up the good workMaryGladys is keeping up the good workMaryGladys is keeping up the good work
Re: Ringtone limitations - how to get around?

I think there is a cab called NoRingtoneLimit.cab that is floating around. It essentially changes the registry file that puts a limit on sizes of files. You may wanna try that....
Old 12-23-2008, 07:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP/MR5 and TP/Juicy 7
Carrier: Sprint Only The Best

bayushikitsune is keeping up the good workbayushikitsune is keeping up the good workbayushikitsune is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to bayushikitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryGladys View Post
I think there is a cab called NoRingtoneLimit.cab that is floating around. It essentially changes the registry file that puts a limit on sizes of files. You may wanna try that....
To go along with that....Search
Old 12-23-2008, 08:11 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagual View Post
Weird thing I just noticed - while I can make mp3 ringtones using the trimmer and know the 2 different directories to place them in for use, it looks like the Sounds & Notifications settings will only allow my mp3 ringtones to be used for the phone rings. For voicemails, etc. it seems to not display them in the choice list.

Nolimitringtones only allows mp3s to be used AS ringtones. This is not a fix for using custom tones for texts or emails. What I have been doing and it works great is storing those files in the windows file. As long as they are in there the system sees those tones so that they can be selected for texts or emails. It sucks but how often do you really change those tones. I dont that often.

And there may be other ways but before someone says a smart comment this is how I use it and it works fine for me.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Nagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by OR78 View Post
Nolimitringtones only allows mp3s to be used AS ringtones. This is not a fix for using custom tones for texts or emails. What I have been doing and it works great is storing those files in the windows file. As long as they are in there the system sees those tones so that they can be selected for texts or emails. It sucks but how often do you really change those tones. I dont that often.
What exactly do you refer to as "the Windows file"? One of the directories I put the mp3 ringtones in is My Device\Windows\Rings, but I still can't select them for use with certain alerts (like new voicemail, etc.). Is there somewhere else they should be stored?
Old 12-23-2008, 08:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

auto_exec is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayushikitsune View Post
To go along with that....Search
Dude is that all you know how to say? Jeez... saw this same crap from you like three threads in a row... stop just posting to say "SEARCH"... cuz that's SOOOO helpful. If you want to boost your post count, how about you actually contribute to the discussion (or just don't post at all).

And with that said, I've just made myself a hypocrite. Oh well, I couldn't help it... when the same dude just keeps posting "SEARCH" over and over, it's annoying... I had to say something.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-24-2008, 05:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: sprint

Dr.unken is a n00b

Quote:
What exactly do you refer to as "the Windows file"? One of the directories I put the mp3 ringtones in is My Device\Windows\Rings, but I still can't select them for use with certain alerts (like new voicemail, etc.). Is there somewhere else they should be stored?
Nagual, what he is talking about is save your ringtones to the root windows (device\windows) directory and they will then appear in the drop down box for selection.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Diamond

Hovthagawd is just getting started

Was there not an issue when you put your say text or email to custom ringtone that it would not stop until it's done even if you viewed the incoming email or text?
Old 12-24-2008, 07:55 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

Quote:

I keep my alert sounds in the root directory of my storage card. I can then choose them from the drop down menu when selecting text alerts for email and text. They are mp3's so they should work. I'm not sure if you can use actual songs as alerts but who would want to do that?

IIRC, there is no way to silence it if it's really long. Hope that helps.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-24-2008, 02:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.unken View Post
Nagual, what he is talking about is save your ringtones to the root windows (device\windows) directory and they will then appear in the drop down box for selection.
Well I'll be ding-danged! Such a simple solution, and it worked.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro