PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Laptop won't connect with WMWifiRouter (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=50358)

cruiser78 12-23-2008 06:43 PM

Laptop won't connect with WMWifiRouter

I just got a Bell Touch Pro yesterday and haven't put any custom roms on it yet so I don't know if a custom rom would fix this problem.
I installed ICS and WMWifiRouter and WMWifiRouter sets up the connection just fine... just like it did on my 6700 and 6800 previously.
My laptop connects to the Pro and sets up the network just fine but the network status shows up as local only and I can't connect to the internet. With my 6700 and 6800 it would show up as "Local and Internet". (Windows Vista)
Any help would be appreciated.
edit: I did try the ICS fix cab from the Essentials thread. After rebooting I had no data connection at all. I rebooted a second time and had my data on my phone back. I still couldn't connect to the internet through WMWifiRouter though.
edit 2: it must have been something in the stock rom that prevented WMWifiRouter from working. It's working perfect now with a custom rom on it.

HBOOT 12-23-2008 07:02 PM

Re: Laptop won't connect with WMWifiRouter

so you did set up an ad-hoc connection under your RP Wifi,correct? what did you use for ip ....? did you try to launch your PIE first and then connect your wifirouter?

cruiser78 12-23-2008 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbenz2008 (Post 596555)
so you did set up an ad-hoc connection under your RP Wifi,correct? what did you use for ip ....? did you try to launch your PIE first and then connect your wifirouter?

Not sure what you mean by RP but yes, I did set it up as an ad-hoc network. I just used the default settings for everthing. The same thing I've done on my 6700 and 6800. The laptop connects to the wifi end of things just fine and sets up the network but it doesn't see the internet conenction. I've never had to start PIE first on my 6700 or 6800 so I didn't do that. The data connection is always active though and if it's not, WMWifiRouter starts it anyways.

HBOOT 12-23-2008 07:21 PM

I meant TP dude, my bad. Give the Pie a jump start and see what happens man, what version wimowifirouter, this phreaking name is just too long ,lol how bout calling it weefee...

cruiser78 12-23-2008 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbenz2008 (Post 596598)
I meant TP dude, my bad. Give the Pie a jump start and see what happens man, what version wimowifirouter, this phreaking name is just too long ,lol how bout calling it weefee...

Nope, starting PIE first doesn't make a difference. Still just connect locally and no internet.
I'm using v.3.25 of WMWR. There, that's a bit shorter eh? lol... it is a long name.

I should note that if I connect it via USB instead of wifi, I get the same thing. It connects the phone just fine but gets no internet. It shows that it's conneted to a local area connection just as if I plugged in a network cable to connect to a wired network.

HBOOT 12-23-2008 07:46 PM

did you apply the tweaks posted on the essentials, I doubt it will make a difference but I am jus trying to have you duplicate my settings to get it to work assuming there isnt much difference between Sprint stock and Bell stock

cruiser78 12-23-2008 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbenzs2008 (Post 596660)
did you apply the tweaks posted on the essentials, I doubt it will make a difference but I am jus trying to have you duplicate my settings to get it to work assuming there isnt much difference between Sprint stock and Bell stock

If you mean the cab mentioned to enable/fix ICS, I did try that.
edit: I think you were talking about a different set of edits that I didn't try before. For some reason I didn't see them the first time... I just made the edits and am trying them it out now.

Not sure what the differences between Sprint and Bell stock roms are but the M.I.P. settings in PST are different from my 6700 and the TP. I tried duplicating the settings from the 6700 to the TP but then I lost all data so I put it back to stock.

edit: Tried the reg edits and it didn't make any difference.

HBOOT 12-23-2008 09:58 PM

Well the tweaks are for Sprint users to tether below radar, dunno bout Bell. Let meknow what troubleshooting step you are taking. An uninstall and reinstall may do the trick. Another Weefee version? How long have you had your TP?

cruiser78 12-24-2008 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbenz2008 (Post 597029)
Well the tweaks are for Sprint users to tether below radar, dunno bout Bell. Let meknow what troubleshooting step you are taking. An uninstall and reinstall may do the trick. Another Weefee version? How long have you had your TP?

I did see that those reg edits were for Bell... I edited the one that would be different for me to reflect my data connection name.

I'm going to try something else in PST... and put a custom rom on once I get the kitchen downloaded... I'm at my mom's for Christmas and the internet here is kinda patchy. I'll post up once I get it working.

I just got my TP yesterday... Have barely had it over 24 hours. :p
I've got the latest WMWR version. v3.25

HBOOT 12-24-2008 12:27 AM

Cool man, make sure you ge a good back up. Merry Xmas

cruiser78 12-24-2008 08:30 AM

Well I finally got a custom rom on my TP and my laptop is connecting perfectly through it. It connects quick now whereas before on the stock rom it would take a long time to connect to the phone over wifi and never connected to the internet. Now pretty much as soon as I enter the password for the connecion, it connects to the phone and the internet. :) Must be something in the stock rom that prevented it from working. Wish I could have figured it out just so that I would know and could pass along the info to help others that don't want to put custom roms on their TP's.

Merry Christmas to everyone. :)

HBOOT 12-24-2008 09:45 AM

Good deal man, now you can cruise on.....prolly Bell took the ICS isht out to prevent people from cruising ....:mrgreen: