PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2008, 02:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

Zapple is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Zapple
Really have no idea...

Hey guys, I would like to say this site looks great first of all. I recently bought a Touch Pro on the Alltel network and would like to add programs/games to it. I can only find places to download them on here but no actual steps on how to get the program onto and to work for the Touch Pro. I consider myself to be above average when it comes to computers, but this is my first smart phone and would appreciate any help or links to instructions.

Thanks
Old 12-23-2008, 02:37 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Really have no idea...

look for cab files... these can be launched directly from the device almost like mini exe files...also use either activesync to transfer the files to the device or use your device like a USB drive.

Best... Member... Ever...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint

zero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to zero157h7 Send a message via AIM to zero157h7 Send a message via MSN to zero157h7 Send a message via Yahoo to zero157h7 Send a message via Skype™ to zero157h7

I will give you a bit more detail than nautica did.

Yes look for files that end in .cab. You can download them from your computer and transfer them with activesync or mobile device center which ever you use. You can also download them straight to your phone over the air. Pnce they are on your device go to programs, file explorer. Find the file wherever you put them on the device. I usually put mine in a folder called programs on my storage card. Click on the cab file to run them.

There are also files that end in .exe that you can install but it has to be done from your computer with the device attached and active sync/mdc running (not syncing.)

If you download something here that is zip or rar open it up and go from there.

This is a good site to go to from your device, cabs only and a good format for pocket ie. http://www.freecabs.de/

This site has a lot of free software as well http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/

Once the program is installed it should be found in the programs folder under the start menu. If it is a today plugin go to settings, today, and there is a tab that says items. That is where your today plugins are.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

You will probably be asked where you want to install the program "Device" or "Storage Card". Good rule of thumb is install today plug-ins or programs that constantly run to device. Install games and audio/video players to your card.

Old 12-23-2008, 02:49 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Zapple is a n00b

Ah! Thank you guys. Very helpful and fast responses. I'm definitely going to stick around these forums .
Old 12-23-2008, 02:50 PM
Lurker

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

you can usually count on quick responses around here, there are so many well informed members that there isn't much that gets unanswered.

Edit: Welcome. Search.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:50 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

glad to have ya here, it's what we're here for. welcome to the site!
Old 12-23-2008, 02:52 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

And welcome to the neighborhood!

Old 12-23-2008, 02:54 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Zapple is a n00b

Hm. I installed Diamond Beer and Pocket G Force and both of them when I run them get an error "This application requires a newer version of the Microsoft .NET Compact Framework than the version installed in this device."
Old 12-23-2008, 02:56 PM
Lurker

you probably need net framework 3.5
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

or in cab form
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21250
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro