PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2008, 10:39 PM
Lurker

baloniman612 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to view windows files on PPC?

I'm trying to copy the sprint theme with landscape to the windows directory on my touch pro, but I don't know how to access it from desktop to copy over the files. Im sure im just missing something simple, so what do i need to do?
Old 12-22-2008, 10:41 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive
Re: How to view windows files on PPC?

You need to copy the files over to your SD card and then use Total Commander to copy them from your card to Windows. Make sure you Go into Settings, Today and disable TF3D before you do this.

I attached Total Commander.
Attached Files
File Type: cab tcmdpocketarm.cab (486.3 KB, 1 views) Click for barcode!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:43 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

baloniman612 is a n00b

Don't have an Sd card right now, lost mine about a month ago but asked a relative for an 8gb one for christmas. Any other way of going about this?
Old 12-22-2008, 10:45 PM
The GrooGrux King

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Which Sprint theme are you trying to copy over? Do you have a link to the thread? Did you see if a cab was available for you to copy over and execute from Internal Storage?
Old 12-22-2008, 10:50 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

baloniman612 is a n00b

There's no Cab and I don't have the link, I got it off XDA but it's currently down. It's the version with working landscape. I think I actually have to replace the stock manila files themselves.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:05 PM
The GrooGrux King

Right. In order to do so you either need it packaged in a cab for installation or copy it to an SD card and then use Total Commander to copy them into the Windows Directory.

The problem with you trying to copy them directly from your PC to the Windows directory is it won't work since they're protected files in the ROM. Total Commander (among other programs) have the ability to overwrite files in ROM.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Why don't you just put the files in a junk folder on your phone then move them to your windows folder?

Old 12-22-2008, 11:08 PM
The GrooGrux King

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason25 View Post
Why don't you just put the files in a junk folder on your phone then move them to your windows folder?
Haha! You could do that too!

I'm just so used to copying things to my SD card and filing them to keep in case I ever hard reset away from home or work.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:08 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

I don't see why not!=D>
Old 12-22-2008, 11:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadlyAlive View Post
Haha! You could do that too!

I'm just so used to copying things to my SD card and filing them to keep in case I ever hard reset away from home or work.
that's what I do, but obviously that's not going to work for the OP

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro