PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2008, 05:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

xxxjdoggxxx is a n00b
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro still out of stock?

I called Best Buy today because I planned on finally exchanging my defective Pro. They told me all the stores in the area are out of stock. So I called the local Sprint store and explained my situation (I only have 1 more week before my 30 days to exchange at Best Buy are up). All Sprint stores in the area are also out of stock. The person I talked to said since I have insurance they would order me a replacement through the insurance and they would have it on tuesday. I have a couple questions about that, why are all the stores out of stock yet they can order me one and have it by tuesday? Also since it is through insurance does that mean it is a refurb? If it is a refurb I will refuse to take it for the money I paid considering it is HTC's fault I got a defective phone and not mine.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

rihavens is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Touch Pro still out of stock?

If you go through insurance you can expect it to take 2 weeks, and it will most likely be a new phone at this point. I have no clue how long it would take for refurb phones to work its way into the system.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

THunDA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTHunDA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTHunDA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxjdoggxxx View Post
I called Best Buy today because I planned on finally exchanging my defective Pro. They told me all the stores in the area are out of stock. So I called the local Sprint store and explained my situation (I only have 1 more week before my 30 days to exchange at Best Buy are up). All Sprint stores in the area are also out of stock. The person I talked to said since I have insurance they would order me a replacement through the insurance and they would have it on tuesday. I have a couple questions about that, why are all the stores out of stock yet they can order me one and have it by tuesday? Also since it is through insurance does that mean it is a refurb? If it is a refurb I will refuse to take it for the money I paid considering it is HTC's fault I got a defective phone and not mine.
Are you going through ESRP (the repair program) @ the store?

I'd imagine it would take some time even using that route, not saying the store misinformed you but advanced exchanges could take up to 5 days to get to the store and its possible it will be on backorder that way also. Since the phone just came out I doubt there are refurbs so you will most likely get a new one.

Whats wrong with your phone?
Old 11-16-2008, 04:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

xxxjdoggxxx is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rihavens View Post
If you go through insurance you can expect it to take 2 weeks, and it will most likely be a new phone at this point. I have no clue how long it would take for refurb phones to work its way into the system.
Well the guy I talked to didn't seem like he knew what he was doing. He didn't even ask what was wrong with my phone. He just said he ordered it through my insurance and I can pick it up on tuesday at the Sprint store. I guess I'll call on tuesday and see if they have it. I'm not going to get my hopes up though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THunDA View Post
Are you going through ESRP (the repair program) @ the store?

I'd imagine it would take some time even using that route, not saying the store misinformed you but advanced exchanges could take up to 5 days to get to the store and its possible it will be on backorder that way also. Since the phone just came out I doubt there are refurbs so you will most likely get a new one.

Whats wrong with your phone?
The problems I am having are:

-extremely hot battery/charging issues
-low earbud volume when using handsfree adapter and sometimes when using phone its self
-chipped chrome (not a huge deal to me)
-errors and crashes when using opera and other apps (sometimes requiring soft reset)
-raised buttons (again not a huge deal)

I'm sure I missed a few things but that is pretty much it. By the way my build date is 10/14 so it is likely I got a defective phone.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:07 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch, Touch Pro, BB8330

mandangalo is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to mandangalo

They could be doing an "Advance Exchange", where they order you a new phone overnighted to the store when you have insurance. They've always given me a new phone while doing this (Mogul for Mogul, Touch for Touch, a920 for katana dlx...)
Old 11-16-2008, 01:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

THunDA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTHunDA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTHunDA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Advanced exchanges are not always 'new' (most of the time they are factory refurbs).. although in this case I would guess its going to be a new one since the phone hasnt been out long enough for there to be alot or refurbs, if any at all.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: sprint

KINYA is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to KINYA

the phone will be new i ordered mine they told me that it would on back order and got my phone the next day
Old 11-16-2008, 01:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

kidmet is keeping up the good workkidmet is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to kidmet Send a message via Yahoo to kidmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINYA View Post
the phone will be new i ordered mine they told me that it would on back order and got my phone the next day
Dangit! I ordered mine last tuesday. Still nothing... I called again, and they reordered yesterday... Said this tuesday.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

xxxjdoggxxx is a n00b

Are you guys getting them shipped to your house? I asked the guy if he could do that for me and he said no I have to pick it up at the Sprint store. That is an inconvenience for me because it is a 40 minute drive to the closest Sprint store. I'm getting this feeling that I will get there and they won't have it or it will be a diamond or something stupid like that.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: BB 8350i, TP, TP2
Carrier: Sprint, Nextel

ZX6RArcher is just getting started

If you guys know your Sprint store's number, I can check on their current inventory tomorrow at work for you.
Sprint HTC TP - Energy ROM
Sprint HTC TP2 - Stock ROM
Yes... I have four cell phones... Thank god for Google Voice
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro