PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2008, 11:03 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: 3

Green_Saints is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
No Music Found In TouchFlo Music Tab

Hi,

Very quick question - where has my music in the music tab dissappeared to?!

For some reason, when I go onto the music tab, it says "No Music Found" even though my music is still on my memory card.

I think it was since I synced it with Windows Media Player on my computer.

I have deleted all the music from my card and put back on and nothing. I have soft resetted countless times and nothing.

Please help - I love scrolling through there
Old 12-22-2008, 11:04 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn
Re: No Music Found In TouchFlo Music Tab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Saints View Post
Hi,

Very quick question - where has my music in the music tab dissappeared to?!

For some reason, when I go onto the music tab, it says "No Music Found" even though my music is still on my memory card.

I think it was since I synced it with Windows Media Player on my computer.

I have deleted all the music from my card and put back on and nothing. I have soft resetted countless times and nothing.

Please help - I love scrolling through there
Where are you putting the music? The music should be in folder named 'Music' on the storage card.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:22 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Green_Saints is a n00b

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

I have put in a folder called that - but it was originally in 'My Music' and it worked.

I can see all the tracks if I go into library and then under the various headings, but not on the touchflo page.

maybe it's because there is a song in the Now Playing that I deleted and can't get rid of

Tas*
Old 12-22-2008, 11:27 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff

Quote:
Hi,

thanks for your reply.

I have put in a folder called that - but it was originally in 'My Music' and it worked.

I can see all the tracks if I go into library and then under the various headings, but not on the touchflo page.

maybe it's because there is a song in the Now Playing that I deleted and can't get rid of

Tas*
You can see all of the tracks in the TF3D music tab if you go into the library? If you can, try creating a playlist and see if the music pops up.

Also, open up windows media player and update your library. Make sure storage card is selected when you update.

Also, I believe the song in Now playing that came with the phone can be deleted by doing the folowing:

1) Open up file explorer
2) Application Data

It should be listed in one of the directories under Application data. I forget which one specifically because I deleted mine when I set up my phone. If you find it, you can delete it and it should get rid of it permanently.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:40 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

try taking the card out & putting it back in & holding it in deep for a minute.

I had the exact same problem twice & that fixed it.

~John
Old 12-22-2008, 12:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

AndyCR512 is becoming a great contributor

Make sure it's not connected to the PC in disk mode when you try it.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

The TF3D (and 2D) music tab will locate any compatible sound file on your card. I found it pretty annoying sometimes, and I ended up creating playlists to keep my ringtones from showing up.

My guess is that something happened to your music files. What if you copy them to the /My Documents/My Music, instead of /Storage Card/My Documents/My Music?
Old 12-22-2008, 01:14 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Green_Saints is a n00b

@blazinazn - Thank you for your reply, I probably didn't make myself very clear. I updated with Windows Media Player and it still didn't work. The track that won't play isn't the song that came with the phone - it's one I deleted from my SD card.

@jmorton10 & AndyCR512 - Thank you for the suggestion, but it didn't work (

@ScrapMaker - I don't know what happened. I think it was when I synced it - but now I don't know what to do? This happened to me when I first got the phone and then it somehow sorted itself out, but I don't know how!
Old 12-22-2008, 01:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
@blazinazn - Thank you for your reply, I probably didn't make myself very clear. I updated with Windows Media Player and it still didn't work. The track that won't play isn't the song that came with the phone - it's one I deleted from my SD card.

@ScrapMaker - I don't know what happened. I think it was when I synced it - but now I don't know what to do? This happened to me when I first got the phone and then it somehow sorted itself out, but I don't know how!
Oh yeah, I hate when that happens. Try deleting the following:

\Storage Card\album.vol

It's a hidden file so use total commander or hook it up to your pc with disk mode and you should be able to see the file.

After you do that, update your library again. The song you deleted should no longer be listed.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Quote:

You need to get yourself in "test-mode." Try different approaches to get this to work. Find known-good MP3 files and copy them to the card, as well as the device storage... See if they pop up. Can you navigate to them using the "Library," feature of the music tab? Can you play them via file explorer, which opens media player?

Hopefully one of these will work, and we can get some insight.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro