PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2008, 12:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jeremy3721 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jeremy3721
Email blocking photos?

Hopefully there is a simple solution to this I just can't find. Is there a setting or a way to have the email app in a windows mobile phone automatically download images in an email. I hate the way it blocks them and you have to click the tiny link at the top of the email (twice) and then you have to wait for images to download.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100
Re: Email blocking photos?

no way as of yet(i dont think). i think we all hate this crap

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 12-21-2008, 12:48 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

i've been lobbying for someone to look into this since i got my hands on winmo 6... if something this seemingly simple hasnt been hacked yet... maybe it's not so simple?

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 12-21-2008, 12:51 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

I would be pretty pumped if someone made it DL the pictures... I don't like to have to wait!
Old 12-21-2008, 12:56 PM
Post Master General

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
I would be pretty pumped if someone made it DL the pictures... I don't like to have to wait!
I swear there must be some sort of reg edit or something to tweak this...i just woulnd know where to look for it.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

jeremy3721 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jeremy3721

Well on one hand I don't feel as bad that I was just ignorant. On the other this is irritating. This is one of the biggest gripes I have on the Touch Pro compared to the iPhone I was using. Most emails have photos now and it should be my choice if I want them downloaded or not.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:24 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy3721 View Post
Well on one hand I don't feel as bad that I was just ignorant. On the other this is irritating. This is one of the biggest gripes I have on the Touch Pro compared to the iPhone I was using. Most emails have photos now and it should be my choice if I want them downloaded or not.
It's not just he Touch Pro, though. It's a Windows Mobile thing.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:11 PM
Post Master General

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy3721 View Post
yeah it's a minor annoyance... you kinda get used to it but naturally would want the option to enable or disable this 'feature' lol

btw what part of cent florida ya in, i used to live in cocoa.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Moment < - Awesome!

ramiss is becoming a great contributor

I also used to find this very frustrating. However, I have since been turned around because of how spammers use images:

Spammers use an image server that will report who has viewed the images. Basically when you download/view images in spam the spammer gets a report that your email address is legit.

Outlook for the PC will allow you to then set trusted senders to automatically view images. It is not fool proof since an address can be spoofed but it is a good compromise.
Old 12-21-2008, 08:06 PM
Post Master General

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramiss View Post
I also used to find this very frustrating. However, I have since been turned around because of how spammers use images:

Spammers use an image server that will report who has viewed the images. Basically when you download/view images in spam the spammer gets a report that your email address is legit.

Outlook for the PC will allow you to then set trusted senders to automatically view images. It is not fool proof since an address can be spoofed but it is a good compromise.
yeah i agree with you and do realize the purpose for them setting it up this way.... and truth be told i just want the option to change that setting... what can i say it's just the hacker in me!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro