PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2008, 10:40 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to OR78
Re: Forum Request!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdx77 View Post
I'm for all for title tags, for example if you your post is regarding the Verizon Touch Pro, you could put something like:

[VERIZON] How to increase memory on my Pro?

or
[SPRINT] Sprint TV update
This would be great. I am for that.

Not to start an uprising but I thought this was a forum to help eachother out. Ok maybe its not a great idea but don't be an a$$ about it. An idea starts and it is 'tweaked' to become better. This is all I was trying to do.

Last edited by OR78; 12-21-2008 at 10:42 PM.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

pdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by OR78 View Post

Not to start an uprising but I thought this was a forum to help eachother out. Ok maybe its not a great idea but don't be an a$$ about it. An idea starts and it is 'tweaked' to become better. This is all I was trying to do.
Yup, I'm all for that, it's frustrating having to weed through various threads for one that relates to your phone, a separate forum I feel is a bad idea, because people tend to post things in the wrong spot, or post things when it applies to everyone, and just makes it so you have to read multiple forums to get your information, title tags you can just skim through one forum and easily see what relates to you and would make searching easier, mods what do you think?
Old 12-22-2008, 01:49 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
I'm all for the title tags , for example if you your post is regarding the Verizon Touch Pro, you could put something like:

[VERIZON] How to increase memory on my Pro?

or
[SPRINT] Sprint TV update
It is already like that. Try to make a new thread, and you'll see a dropdown right before the title.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:38 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

pdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
It is already like that. Try to make a new thread, and you'll see a dropdown right before the title.
oh, that's right.. I forgot he added that awhile back, been a while since I've created a new thread. Now it's just a matter of getting people to do that
Old 12-22-2008, 05:10 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

Quote:

Quote:
Yup, I'm all for that, it's frustrating having to weed through various threads for one that relates to your phone, a separate forum I feel is a bad idea, because people tend to post things in the wrong spot, or post things when it applies to everyone, and just makes it so you have to read multiple forums to get your information, title tags you can just skim through one forum and easily see what relates to you and would make searching easier, mods what do you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
ha, so case closed?
Old 12-22-2008, 08:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Hero

Zombie Scott is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Is it possible to split up all the TP threads between the Fuze, VW TP, and Sprint TP? It would make searching a heck of a lot easier to find threads specific to the carrier phone. Thanks if the request is made.
+1
I think that is a great idea, then I would not have to look at the "My Crippled Verizon HTC Pro Sucks" threads. With all of the posts on this forum it is sometimes hard to wade through them all.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:07 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Yes, I'd say case closed!
Old 12-22-2008, 12:45 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
One thing I do like about xda... The stickies only show on the first page. Some forums the stickies are 1/2 the page, it woud make it quicker to find stuff if we could do that here...
Looks like Frosty already took care of this request (thanks Mr. Frosty).

late,
Satan Coz
Old 12-22-2008, 12:47 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

And if the tags for the different carriers are used correctly then there would never be a need to break up the forum. As stated above, there are some apps to are universal to the Touch Pro and some that are carrier specific. Splitting this forum into different subforums for the various carriers would just invite more chaos and confusion.

Keep using those tags boys and girls!

late,
Santa Coz

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro