PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2009, 11:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ppc6700
Carrier: sprint

hoddy4 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Pro and Slingbox

I've been impressed with the Pro but performance of Slingbox on the Pro does not seem to be as good as on my PPC6700. Is there something that I am missing>
Old 01-02-2009, 11:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Pro and Slingbox

I have a SlingBox Pro with a Roadrunner Turbo connection.

When I had my 6800's, the Sling Mobile performance was great. The Sling setup in my TouchPro has never been anywhere near as good as the old setup until just recently.

I just recently installed the newest version of Sling Mobile & my fps is still not awesome, but it is MUCH better than it was with the previous version of the software.

~John
Old 01-02-2009, 11:31 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: X51v
Carrier: Sprint

Technology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the community
Smile Re: Pro and Slingbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I have a SlingBox Pro with a Roadrunner Turbo connection.

When I had my 6800's, the Sling Mobile performance was great. The Sling setup in my TouchPro has never been anywhere near as good as the old setup until just recently.

I just recently installed the newest version of Sling Mobile & my fps is still not awesome, but it is MUCH better than it was with the previous version of the software.

~John
Where did you get that Roadrunner Turbo connection from, I would lke to have that one. Although, I aready have a beyond light speed connection, but I would like for it to be even faster, the fastest in all star systems, thanks in advance, haaath!..{LOL}
Old 01-02-2009, 11:54 AM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technology1 View Post
Where did you get that Roadrunner Turbo connection from, I would lke to have that one. Although, I aready have a beyond light speed connection, but I would like for it to be even faster, the fastest in all star systems, thanks in advance, haaath!..{LOL}
LOL, "turbo" is the local Time Warner's term for the "super speed" broadband connection. It is an extra $10 a month & is supposed to make it half again as fast as a standard RR cable connection. It is BS however, it does make it a little faster, but it is nowhere close to what they claim speedwise........

~John
Old 01-02-2009, 12:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: X51v

Technology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the community
Smile Re: Pro and Slingbox

Quote:
LOL, "turbo" is the local Time Warner's term for the "super speed" broadband connection. It is an extra $10 a month & is supposed to make it half again as fast as a standard RR cable connection. It is BS however, it does make it a little faster, but it is nowhere close to what they claim speedwise........

~John
Thanks guy...{lol}
Old 01-02-2009, 12:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700

ionCPB5 is a n00b

No issues here. Migrated from a 6700 using a Slingbox Classic, to the Touch Pro and there is marked improvement in performance. Not sure if the new Slingplayer mobile has anything to do with it or not though. Fewer drop outs and better fps for me with average connection of 367kbps.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:01 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionCPB5 View Post
Not sure if the new Slingplayer mobile has anything to do with it or not though. Fewer drop outs and better fps for me with average connection of 367kbps.
I think the new software is definitely making a difference. I didn't install the latest version for quite a while because when I saw that it didn't support 640x480 resolution I didn't see the point of it.

Then, someone here posted that they where getting improved frame rates with the new version. I was very sceptical of this claim, but figured WTH it's not going to hurt anything & I might as well try it.

Well, I had always been very very disappointed in the SM performance in the TouchPro. It always worked, but there where plenty of times it was showing like 2FPS............ Now, I never seem to drop much below about 15FPS which is a most definite improvement over 2FPS.......

~John
Old 01-02-2009, 03:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

Quote:

~John
hey john, i'm assuming youve speed tested the RR turbo? how is the speed (in numbers) compared to regular RR. I have regular RR and i'm happy with it, but i'm curious about the boost...
Sucks that you haven't been getting good sling mobile connections.. i get about 15-20 fps on avg with occasional spikes near the max... speed is 300-350 usually. Sling's been great for me, but it's still hard to watch sports.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

lifeuw19 is becoming a great contributor

Man... what settings do you guys use under encoding parameters.

I get 5 FPS, 98kps-103kbs... it sucks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro