PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2008, 12:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW
Carrier: Sprint

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: delayed text messages....

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceracer24 View Post
Go see a therapist then lol. Far more stressful things in life!
hehe my girl gets really confused so I have to try to remember to manually-split my messages...
Old 12-22-2008, 01:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Threadstarter

aspiar7807 is a n00b

haha... real cute fellas....
Old 12-22-2008, 01:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiar7807 View Post
haha... real cute fellas....

lol sorry. I was trying to be light hearted about it but seriously, if you are stressing out over something like this, you should seek help. It's not that big of a deal. Annoying yes, but hardly worth getting stressed over. Try having 3 kids, 10, 11 and 13. Now THAT'S something to get stressed over.

Old 12-22-2008, 01:29 PM
VIP Member

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Quote:
lol sorry. I was trying to be light hearted about it but seriously, if you are stressing out over something like this, you should seek help. It's not that big of a deal. Annoying yes, but hardly worth getting stressed over. Try having 3 kids, 10, 11 and 13. Now THAT'S something to get stressed over.
haha, well I don't let it stress ME that much--but it's definitely annoying. I would like a solution, but I know there is not one at this point, other than manually-separating the texts.

Perhaps there is a 3rd-party texting application that could handle this stuff? I haven't used PCMContacts enough, but perhaps that does the trick? Not sure... but it gets really annoying if you send a heated message, or you quote some stuff, and it comes out all mixed-up. I have to e-mail people if I am quoting or sending anything longer than 2 messages...
Old 12-22-2008, 01:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Threadstarter

aspiar7807 is a n00b

i hear ya.. i dont mean stressed to the point where i need professional help.. but like scrap says.. def annoying..... ok.. enough about my weak state of mind......
Old 12-22-2008, 02:35 PM
VIP Member

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

To be honest, I don't think there is a solution. My girlfriend doesn't use the Touch pro. She has the Samsung Rant (really decent phone btw) ans she has texting issues similar to ours as well as receiving texts that were never intended to go to her. I think it's a Sprint issue so there is little that can done by application or otherwise. the only possible solution is to make sure you don't type a text so long that it gets split into multiple parts. Split them yourself by stopping, sending then start again. This should give time for the first text to make it through. It seems as though Sprints network has taken some abuse recently as there have been a number of Sprint specific problems over the last month or so. It's not just our phones because like I said, my GF has problems too.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:37 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I'm missing texts, calls, even voicemail notifications now. It's gone from just giving me a voicemail notification while never ringing, to nothing at all most of the time. I figured it was a radio problem, but at least now I know I'm not the only one.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

Quote:
To be honest, I don't think there is a solution. My girlfriend doesn't use the Touch pro. She has the Samsung Rant (really decent phone btw) ans she has texting issues similar to ours as well as receiving texts that were never intended to go to her. I think it's a Sprint issue so there is little that can done by application or otherwise. the only possible solution is to make sure you don't type a text so long that it gets split into multiple parts. Split them yourself by stopping, sending then start again. This should give time for the first text to make it through. It seems as though Sprints network has taken some abuse recently as there have been a number of Sprint specific problems over the last month or so. It's not just our phones because like I said, my GF has problems too.
I concur. When you are typing a text, there should be a counter to let you know how many characters you have left. If you know you are going to exceed 160, then break them up manually. Best way around the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrake View Post
I'm missing texts, calls, even voicemail notifications now. It's gone from just giving me a voicemail notification while never ringing, to nothing at all most of the time. I figured it was a radio problem, but at least now I know I'm not the only one.
Are you in a decent coverage area? Sometimes I get crappy service at home and my phone doesn't ring and I get notified of a voicemail. I just changed my slot index cycle yesterday to see if that helps out as well.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:42 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrake View Post
Again, my GF is having the same problems with her Samsung rant. Which btw is rather odd because I am having none of these issues. No text problems, no voice mail or calling in or out problems. The only problem I have really had that seems to be the same for many is the Picture Mail problems. On a side note, I rarely ever text over the 160 limit so that could be why I don't have some of the texting problems.

Your problems Snowdrake might just be the phone. See if you can swap it out.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:18 PM
VIP Member

I am very excited that I might go to AT&T for two reasons:

1) Text seems more reliable. They always arrive in the right order when my brother sends me texts. He uses a WM phone as well.

2) Using 3G data even while on a phone call. This means I can tether my phone to CarPC, and not lose any incoming calls. I am really excited about that.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro