PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Really weird USB charging/data issue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=50031)

mta2 12-21-2008 03:03 PM

Really weird USB charging/data issue

So I've been using regular USB chargers to charge the phone. I have a cheapo car charger that was working fine and charging the phone. For some weird reason now, those USB chargers will not work with the phone. The phone basically does not detect them plugged even though this was working fine since I had the phone.

Now the only way I can get the phone to charge or connect to the computer is to use that HTC plug that has the video out and the headphones ports.

I'm completely baffled as other chargers were working fine. I haven't installed anything new in the past couple of days.

bayushikitsune 12-21-2008 03:11 PM

Re: Really weird USB charging/data issue

Maybe it is just that USB cord. I am pretty sure you have tried another but if not go ahead and do so. There isn't anything to say see it is responding to other charges or cords. Good Luck. ](*,)

MadlyAlive 12-21-2008 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bayushikitsune (Post 591662)
Maybe it is just that USB cord. I am pretty sure you have tried another but if not go ahead and do so. There isn't anything to say see it is responding to other charges or cords. Good Luck. ](*,)

Your sig says "OF" and not "OFF"

bayushikitsune 12-21-2008 06:41 PM

ummmmmmmmm....... ****cough I Knew That cough*** thx lol

mta2 12-21-2008 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bayushikitsune (Post 591662)

Tried plenty of cords and still won't work. Only way it will charge is it I use the HTC plug. Really weird because it was working fine all these days. Now I gotta get a different car charger or carry the plug around wtf.

RChris173 12-22-2008 12:39 AM

If the phone is overheated, it will not charge. I'm not sure if this is related to your issue, but if you put the phone near something cool (ice, freezer, etc...) then see if it will charge...

mta2 12-24-2008 12:11 AM

Should I try a hard reset?

dlbrummels 12-24-2008 12:25 AM

Make sure your Power setting, battery don't charge if hooked to PC is not checked.

BigDiesel07 12-24-2008 12:50 AM

What dl said is probably the issue..

dadoc04 12-24-2008 10:44 AM

im having the same issue.. using a non HTC usb while connected to my laptop and it works for a few minutes, then i see its no longer charging.

when i use the HTC cord while hooked to my laptop, it charges just fine.