PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2008, 12:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 3gs 32gb
Carrier: At&t

skimco is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Choppy Youtube video playback....

does anyone know how to stop the "choppy" playback in youtube.? Are there any setting to change or fixes for it????? I am running the original rom with nothing added and the sound is perfect but the video sucks........thanks
Old 12-21-2008, 12:50 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Choppy Youtube video playback....

Have you tried the setting for higher speed instead of quality? Youtube plays very smoothly for me.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Epic 4g
Carrier: Spriznint

Jok3sta is keeping up the good workJok3sta is keeping up the good work

are you using a stock rom? I upgraded to juggalos rom and my youtube play excellent. And its set to high quality so it looks great as well.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:47 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

I'm running stock rom with high Quality setting and it plays flawless. Loads fast to

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 12-21-2008, 03:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700 > Touch > Diamond > TP > TP2
Carrier: Telus Mobility

shtewps is keeping up the good workshtewps is keeping up the good work

This topic was discussed a little bit here
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ht=youtube+lag

It seems like this problem is fairly common. Even with me. Im not sure what causes it, when I experienced it I was on low battery so I am charging now and I have a feeling it will get better on a full charge.

I have plans to flash anyways, so if this doesnt work, it is just another reason for me to do so.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

yerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by skimco View Post
does anyone know how to stop the "choppy" playback in youtube.? Are there any setting to change or fixes for it????? I am running the original rom with nothing added and the sound is perfect but the video sucks........thanks
are you using a bluetooth headset while watching youtube videos?...or even have bluetooth on at all for that matter??.....if so, turn it off and try to watch a youtube video.......unfortunately, all of the ROMs i have tried play youtube choppy when you try to use a headset for the sound. i haven't come across a fix for this yet. without a headset, the videos play very smooth on high quality.

Last edited by yerp; 12-21-2008 at 03:55 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

edub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Mine play very well stock
Old 12-21-2008, 04:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

kilen is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to kilen

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerp View Post
are you using a bluetooth headset while watching youtube videos?...or even have bluetooth on at all for that matter??.....if so, turn it off and try to watch a youtube video.......unfortunately, all of the ROMs i have tried play youtube choppy when you try to use a headset for the sound. i haven't come across a fix for this yet. without a headset, the videos play very smooth on high quality.

Wow, that tip just made it 100% more usable for me. Thanks!! I was always using it with my Bluetooth headset and it was so choppy that I hardly ever used it. Just tried it with my plug in ear phones and even at high quality it's just awesome!

Thanks!!!
Old 12-21-2008, 05:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

yerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilen View Post
Wow, that tip just made it 100% more usable for me. Thanks!! I was always using it with my Bluetooth headset and it was so choppy that I hardly ever used it. Just tried it with my plug in ear phones and even at high quality it's just awesome!

Thanks!!!
no problem, glad it worked out for you. it's a shame that the issue even exists for this app....

ironically, i can watch full high-res dvd-rips at full speed and in sync with both TCPMP and WMP while having my bluetooth stereo headset connected. even more ironic is that WMP is actually slightly superior to TCPMP on this device......bizzare indeed.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro