PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Live Search auto update with location (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49974)

nuuuuts 12-20-2008 09:27 PM

Live Search auto update with location

I've tried to search and see if there were threads about this issue but couldn't find anything, perhaps wrong keywords.

I'm wondering if the Live Search should auto update based on your location. I currently have to change the location select the current GPS location and then search for restaurants that are currently near by. If not, then I would get information on restaurants in San Diego.

is there a better solution to use instead of the Live Search?

Thanks

ryangruhn 12-21-2008 12:36 AM

Re: Live Search auto update with location

I'd like to know this as well.

Phreddo 12-21-2008 06:07 AM

i hate that it tries to save the current location as a new location, then sez "there's already a location by that name, do you want to overwrite?"

nuuuuts 12-22-2008 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phreddo (Post 591216)
i hate that it tries to save the current location as a new location, then sez "there's already a location by that name, do you want to overwrite?"

Yea i know what you mean. Drove up to venutra, ca and needed to update my gps location to find places to eat.

LeoKnightas 12-22-2008 03:42 AM

Set it to use "Current GPS Position" it's giving you the option to name your current location for future use.

gator352 12-22-2008 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeoKnightas (Post 592700)
Set it to use "Current GPS Position" it's giving you the option to name your current location for future use.

+1 for that. I drive a truck and that's how I do it. Works great for me.

donkeythekidd 01-08-2009 10:00 PM

Whats the latest version?

Existentialism 01-08-2009 10:32 PM

Problem is, when you set it to "Current GPS Position" it just defaults to your last position for some reason, instead of bothering to find your current position, which is very annoying.

DrFunk1 01-09-2009 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Existentialism (Post 628086)
Problem is, when you set it to "Current GPS Position" it just defaults to your last position for some reason, instead of bothering to find your current position, which is very annoying.

Agreed. I love a solution to this. That app rocks accept for this one issue.

nuuuuts 01-12-2009 09:35 PM

I've started to use the google maps instead. It picks up quicker on the gps location, and the searching for things seems to work fine. I liked that the Live Search had the categories. Maybe an update will fix the gps location