PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2008, 08:51 PM
Lurker

baloniman612 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TF2d better?

Lag. Laaaagg. and more "LAG". It's getting to the point where I'm ready to ebay my touch pro. Too bad it's the verizon one, and nobody will buy it. Would it be worth running touchflo 2d on it? Would it be that much faster?
Old 12-20-2008, 09:01 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: TF2d better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by baloniman612 View Post
Lag. Laaaagg. and more "LAG". It's getting to the point where I'm ready to ebay my touch pro. Too bad it's the verizon one, and nobody will buy it. Would it be worth running touchflo 2d on it? Would it be that much faster?
have you done the other fixes to speed the ppc up? dont run tf, run something else.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:13 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

baloniman612 is a n00b

Yes and I do not see much difference in performance at all.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: RHOD500
Carrier: VZW

vzwdts is keeping up the good workvzwdts is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by baloniman612 View Post
*eye roll*

Do yourself a favor and if you think this device is slow, stay far away from any other Windows Mobile HTCs, because if you think THIS is bad, I don't think you'll ever be happy.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: vzw

cozmic is a n00b

i bagged tf3d for spb mobile shell...to me its much quicker (started using it on my 6700, so i'm more familiar with it)
might go try it again when i flash a new rom
i also don't like tf3d since it doesn't show album art imported from win mp (right now too busy to try something else to import with)
Old 12-20-2008, 09:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzwdts View Post
*eye roll*

Do yourself a favor and if you think this device is slow, stay far away from any other Windows Mobile HTCs, because if you think THIS is bad, I don't think you'll ever be happy.
thats not exactly accurate. VZ gimped their TP. the sprint version is plenty fast, even while using tf3d on stock rom. I do agree though, you need to apply the tweaks and that ill help greatly

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 12-20-2008, 10:06 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

im on sprint and switching opera cache from windows to internal was a big plus. also success posted about deleting user guide in windiws was a huge plus. thanx success.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Tab
Carrier: Sprint

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

If you don't use Voice Command you can delete the voice command file from windows/startup
Old 12-21-2008, 03:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZ TP2 XV6875
Carrier: Verizon

ramborami is keeping up the good workramborami is keeping up the good work

Verizon did NOT gimp their phone... it just has 85mb less RAM...
The speed is identical to Sprint's TP. To speed your TP up (VZ or Sprint, or any flavor of TP) checkout the Sticky thread at the top of this forum.

Honestly I disabled TF3D. I like my good old WM6 look with a few "Today" options.
Old: VZW TP XV6850 >> VZW XV6900 >> VZW XV6800 >> VZW XV6700 >> VZW XV6600
Old 12-21-2008, 12:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramborami View Post
Verizon did NOT gimp their phone... it just has 85mb less RAM...
The speed is identical to Sprint's TP. To speed your TP up (VZ or Sprint, or any flavor of TP) checkout the Sticky thread at the top of this forum.

Honestly I disabled TF3D. I like my good old WM6 look with a few "Today" options.
lol u TOTALLY just contradicted yourself genius. "VZ did not gimp there TP, it just has 85mb less ram".

WHat the h3ll do you call that??? thats only one thing on the list of ripoffs on the VZ version

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro