PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2008, 06:55 PM
Lurker

turiderman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Macbook Issues

does anybody know how to get the ics on the touch pro to work with a macbook?i have a dell and a mac and the icscan b read on the macbook anytime i try and connect my macbook seemingly ejects my touch pro and it says check usb connection, any solutions?
Old 12-20-2008, 07:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Macbook Issues

The only way so far to do ICS on the OS X is bluetooth PAN.

Pair your TP with the MB, then at the ICS on the TP, select Bluetooth PAN for connection instead of USB. Establish connection on the TP then on OS X, select the TP then "Connect to Network".

Should do it, at least that's what I do on my MBP and my TP.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

hotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I use WMWIFI for my MBP all the time.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:16 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

turiderman is a n00b

arghhh so theres no way to possibly get the usb to work with a mac? and how do i get wmwifi to work i have the trail version and it doesnt seem to be working
Old 12-20-2008, 09:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Well sadly no. Because OS X doesn't know what a "Windows Mobile-based USB device" is.

If you have to, Boot Camp it to Windows and it'll work. Of course that's pointless of buying a Mac at the first please. Please, no platform flamewar here.

As for the WMWifi, it simply creates a wireless network like those you use at home if you have one, and tether to the TP. Many other software does that as well.

Do keep in mind though, with multiple radio running (phone, wifi), the phone would get hot like many of us has experienced so unless you have good cooling method, it won't last.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint Ofcourse

tech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good work

there is a way to doit usb mode on mac u need the missingsync its called that google it but i think theres a trial for it its not a freeware thoe hopethis works for u

Sprint Overdrive Pro 4G
Old 12-25-2008, 08:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800

datapusher is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedusa View Post
The only way so far to do ICS on the OS X is bluetooth PAN.

Pair your TP with the MB, then at the ICS on the TP, select Bluetooth PAN for connection instead of USB. Establish connection on the TP then on OS X, select the TP then "Connect to Network".

Should do it, at least that's what I do on my MBP and my TP.
Could anyone explain this process a little better?

Do you search for the macbook from the phones "add new device" or do you use the bluetooth assistnt on the macbook to ad the pocketpc?

then what is the next step.

I have tried both ways and have been notified that pairing was sucsessful, but when i look up devices in my MB bluetooth it says bluetooth is not connected and also PAN is not connected.

Thanks
Old 12-25-2008, 09:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G Rooted

Jocelyn84 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJocelyn84 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJocelyn84 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJocelyn84 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Its not quite as fast as ICS, but I still get DL rates of over a gig on my Macbook with Mobile Stream's USB Modem.
It has a free trial, so give it a try
http://www.mobile-stream.com/usbmodem_wm.html

As for the bluetooth question above my post, make sure your device is on visible. Assuming you're running leopard, once they're paired you just turn on ICS, and under bluetooth on the mac you should see your TP device name under devices. Hover over it and click the "Connect to network"just like Stevedusa said

Last edited by Jocelyn84; 12-25-2008 at 09:25 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro