PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2008, 03:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

kmartburrito is keeping up the good workkmartburrito is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tom Tom looks AWESOME on VGA

Hey there fellow TP nerds,

I've had the TP for the second day now (I've already flashed it to 4 different ROMs in less than 16 hours ) and I must say after firing up TomTom it looks unreal!

I had been worried that older apps designed on 240x320 resolution either would look like crap or would only render at that resolution, leaving a gap of black screen. Much to my surprise, TomTom looks REALLY good. In fact, I've never seen it on a screen above a small resolution. If you don't have it, get it. It's worth it for sure.

I've noticed with other apps too that many I thought wouldn't work are working just fine. I guess I should have more faith in the developers

EDIT - It seems I've opened a can of worms with the Loquendo TTS Statement. Here are the facts about TTS and TTN7, good and bad:

*I use a Tom Tom One LE that has been hacked with LoquendoTTS to provide Text to Speech. I made it sound as if I have it running on TTN right now, which isn't the case. I apologize for getting your hopes up. That being said, not all hope is lost by any means.

*There are some out there saying that they have TTS on their TTN7, but this is debated for a couple reasons. First is because the Loquendo folder and files that you can get off of the interwebz are meant for TomTom devices that are running LINUX. Until we get that folder in a workable format for the Navigator folder to recognize, I'm afraid it will be difficult. I'm working on several options to see if I cant get it to work with all of my background working with Tom Tom.

* I have read that the PPC version of TTN's executable actually makes reference to Loquendo at some point, which leads me to believe that it can be done.

*The iGo8 uses a version of LoquendoTTS in their software. SO...the very thing we need resides within there. If we can get TTN to recognize the loquendoTTS folder and see a "computer voice" in the voices section, we'll be in business.

*TT v7 maps come with TTS built into them, it simply takes an engine to decode this information. The "Engine" is LoquendoTTS or VocalizerTTS. We need to figure out how to adapt either of these from a Linux architecture to Windows architecture.

*As a consolation prize, I'm going to hopelessly devote my life to getting this to work

If I've helped you in any post, please take a second to thank me using the icon. Thanks! :P

Last edited by kmartburrito; 12-04-2008 at 11:37 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

VTEC4ME is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVTEC4ME is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVTEC4ME is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Tom Tom looks AWESOME on VGA

pics of the screenshot?
Old 12-03-2008, 03:59 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

yeah, tt7 looks awesome on the pro. i used to use iguidance on my non-vga dell axim, and planned on using iguidance. i tried tt7 instead, and yeah... didn't even think about iguidance again.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

bullet2300 is keeping up the good workbullet2300 is keeping up the good work

pics please
Old 12-03-2008, 04:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Here you go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen001.jpg (25.3 KB, 612 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screen002.jpg (61.1 KB, 558 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screen003.jpg (44.9 KB, 475 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screen004.jpg (37.1 KB, 502 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-03-2008, 04:50 PM
Timeless

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Agreed. I ran it and was very impressed.

That said, I've switched to Sprint Navigator. Its real-time traffic info and ability to actually say the names of the streets and highways has been a lot more useful to me.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

knives of ice is just getting started

tom tom does look sharp, but i do think that alot of the text is too small now on the VGA version. compared to the QVGA version on my mogul the text is so much smaller. if there was a way to just make the text a tad bigger i'd love it
Old 12-03-2008, 05:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

VTEC4ME is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVTEC4ME is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVTEC4ME is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

eh...thx for the pics...i'll stick w/ my Garmin XT
Old 12-03-2008, 05:12 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

so does it work like the commercials where you just say "TOM TOM" and then somethign else to activate it?
Old 12-03-2008, 06:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

mxl180 is keeping up the good workmxl180 is keeping up the good workmxl180 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
Agreed. I ran it and was very impressed.

That said, I've switched to Sprint Navigator. Its real-time traffic info and ability to actually say the names of the streets and highways has been a lot more useful to me.

Tomtom can't say the streets? iGo8 says streets..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro