PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2008, 11:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 12/25/08 Verizon GPS Fix v2.0

did you go into your phone options and turn the location on?

Accepted NOT Expected

Last edited by lllboredlll; 12-31-2008 at 12:30 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

FormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
When it comes to GPS and the Quick GPS program, if you have everything downloaded from Quick GPS and you set your Baud Rate to 57600 in the HTC GPS Tool you will get a faster lock and with more sats. Then when using Google Maps set it to Manual and use Com 4 and a Baud Rate of 57600. I have tested this all day. Before today, it would take me anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 1/2 minutes to get a lock and I would lock with 5 to 7 sats. With Quick GPS I am getting locks in less then 15 seconds and locking up to 11 sats.
I'll bet if you measure the time from when you start QuickGPS to when you get a lock in the HTC GPS Tool, it will be about the same as what I see with a cold or warm start. Assuming QuickGPS pings the GPS chipset, it should power up and start the cold or warm start operation then. So really what I believe you are accomplishing is the same thing - the total lock time is the same. Again, this assumes that the almanac file QuickGPS downloads isn't actually read by the GPS tool. If it is indeed read, then I would expect QuickGPS to indeed make a huge difference on cold start or powering up after a cross-country flight.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:10 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: VZW Droid X

dimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerPalmOS View Post
I'll bet if you measure the time from when you start QuickGPS to when you get a lock in the HTC GPS Tool, it will be about the same as what I see with a cold or warm start. Assuming QuickGPS pings the GPS chipset, it should power up and start the cold or warm start operation then. So really what I believe you are accomplishing is the same thing - the total lock time is the same. Again, this assumes that the almanac file QuickGPS downloads isn't actually read by the GPS tool. If it is indeed read, then I would expect QuickGPS to indeed make a huge difference on cold start or powering up after a cross-country flight.

Starting QuickGPS is only once so it candownload the info for the Sats. So 5 seconds to download (once since you can set it to automatically download when it expires) then less then 15 seconds to get a lock. HHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMM.

So when you want to stop trying to kill posts from Users that are actually trying to help others in the community, you can come talk to me about the GPS.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

PCCGeek300 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboredlll View Post
did you got into your phone options and turn the location on?
Wow, I feel like a total nooblet. Thanks, that did it alright! I hit your little thanks button too!
Old 12-31-2008, 01:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch Pro

Sushisource is a n00b

Is anyone else having the issue that every time they start the HTC GPS tool the settings have reverted to default?

I still can't get any Sat fixes either. I have no idea what's up. I'm going to upgrade to scroslers 2.1 rom in a little bit when I get back home from break, I'm sure that'll fix it. Just a little annoying.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushisource View Post
Is anyone else having the issue that every time they start the HTC GPS tool the settings have reverted to default?

I still can't get any Sat fixes either. I have no idea what's up. I'm going to upgrade to scroslers 2.1 rom in a little bit when I get back home from break, I'm sure that'll fix it. Just a little annoying.
Yes my HTC GPS tool does the same thing..Doesnt really bother me though, only takes me a second to change to the setting I want.

I've noticed a lot of people forget to turn location to on. I would also take your phone outside and try to get the fix from there.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro, Moto Q(backup)
Carrier: VZW

FalconXtreme is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to FalconXtreme

well i just installed this fix on my bone stock pro. i fumbled around a lil but but i got a really fast lock using windows live search. i haven't been able to get a lock from google maps yet. im sure it'll come though.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:39 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushisource View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle4269 View Post
Yes my HTC GPS tool does the same thing..Doesnt really bother me though, only takes me a second to change to the setting I want.

I've noticed a lot of people forget to turn location to on. I would also take your phone outside and try to get the fix from there.
The config settings dont stick in the HTC GPS Tool. You have to set it up each time.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800

jc1125 is a n00b

First of all, thank you for this!

May I use this to unlock GPS on my XV6800? I downloaded and installed the CAB until I realized this was written for the Touch Pro. It didn't work, but wondered if there was something I can do to unlock the GPS on my XV6800. I realize it may be beyond the scope of this thread, but I thought I would ask.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:00 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Go to xda-developers Titan forum and look up unlocking vzw gps adapter.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro