PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2008, 06:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon GPS Fix.....Phase I

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc14 View Post
I modified bored's cab a little, try installing it and follow the directions in the first post and see if:

1.) the PPST actually finishes instead of fails
2.) if you're roaming after.

You are awesome...... Thank You so much for this fix.... I updated post 1 with the cab and threw a special thanks your way

Thank you sir

It would of been forever before I tried that. Thank you once again....

Accepted NOT Expected

Last edited by lllboredlll; 12-20-2008 at 06:59 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

gianturcom is a n00b
Re: UPDATED: Verizon GPS Fix.....Phase I

I just wanted to give my very sincere thanks! Awesome job, I'm looking forward to loading it on my TP - you rock!
Old 12-20-2008, 06:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by gianturcom View Post
I just wanted to give my very sincere thanks! Awesome job, I'm looking forward to loading it on my TP - you rock!
thank you.... thank gc aswell he just made a huge contribution
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon HTC Touch Pro

gianturcom is a n00b

I'm happy to throw out a most sincere thanks to GC also! Well done guys!
Old 12-20-2008, 07:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: venison

1900 is becoming a great contributor

Great work and I'm a doornob.

I've applied the patch to my VZW Touchpro, running the nexvision 'beta1' ROM, but have not been able to get a fix. The output in the test app window has a bit of data, but it never reports a fix.

With the 'post gc info' cab my phone is on verizon but says Sprint.

I guess I wonder what is on your GPSone page, or any other feedback to help me acheive the same success as others.

Thanks
Old 12-20-2008, 07:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

first i want to give my thanks to gc and bored...i installed the latest fix..the roaming icon went away till i did a *228 prl update...
Old 12-20-2008, 07:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle4269 View Post
first i want to give my thanks to gc and bored...i installed the latest fix..the roaming icon went away till i did a *228 prl update...
I had the opposite. I hard reset, flashed my rom, *228, then applied fix and its perfect. Everything works perfect. No triangle for me and voice and data work as they should.

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 12-20-2008, 07:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bnjcook is a n00b

You might consider me a little bit of a noob but I follow directions well! I have a couple of questions:

1 - do you have to have a particular ROM installed for this to work or will it work with the stock ROM.

2 - I'm not sure I'm getting all the steps correctly. I applied the latest .cab fix and ran the PPST which updated successfully. However, when I go into HTC GPS Tool I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to be doing. I have made sure I set the com on 4, baud at 4800, under function I set the chip as Q 7500, under mode or setmode I set it as Cold Start and then I open the port. I then run Google Maps and click Use GPS but it times out and I never get any signal. Am I missing a step or two? ...I have stock ROM (haven't had the guts yet to flash or unlock my phone yet).
Old 12-20-2008, 07:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

gc14 knows their stuffgc14 knows their stuffgc14 knows their stuffgc14 knows their stuffgc14 knows their stuffgc14 knows their stuff

If you *228 after you install the modified cab I made, you will roam again. This is because the prl gets reverted to the version that is not compatible with the Sprint PRI. Don't *228 after you apply the fix.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnjcook View Post
You might consider me a little bit of a noob but I follow directions well! I have a couple of questions:

1 - do you have to have a particular ROM installed for this to work or will it work with the stock ROM.

2 - I'm not sure I'm getting all the steps correctly. I applied the latest .cab fix and ran the PPST which updated successfully. However, when I go into HTC GPS Tool I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to be doing. I have made sure I set the com on 4, baud at 4800, under function I set the chip as Q 7500, under mode or setmode I set it as Cold Start and then I open the port. I then run Google Maps and click Use GPS but it times out and I never get any signal. Am I missing a step or two? ...I have stock ROM (haven't had the guts yet to flash or unlock my phone yet).
Turn on location setting in phone?

**BTW This is great. My 30 day free of VZ Nav runs out today!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro