PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2008, 06:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon GPS Fix.....Phase I

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
Confirmed Working!

GREAT JOB!

Donation on its way!

Edit: Donation Sent and well worth it! Thanks again! Your the man!

EDIT 2: Im using the Juagalo ROM to test. IM sitting in my basement office and picked up 6 sats in about 45 seconds. TO be honest with you thats about as good as my Titan with aGPS turned on and functioning. I was testing using Google maps and the stock Verizon radio.
Scott, I am using one of your ROMS. Not the current one, but the one prior. I flashed your ROM to my Sprint hardware & activated it on Verizon. My GPS is already working. My question is, what would be the difference between the GPS I am already getting in your ROM and the GPS available in bored's .cab? Am I only getting A-GPS right now with your ROM? Thanks!
Old 12-20-2008, 06:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPRO

NexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Y would u derail the topic to ask him about his ROM seriously use some tact and ask elsewhere.

ROM's
OEM's
CAB's

If something is password protected do not ask for the password as you will not get it. If you do not already know it you are not supposed to.

Remember to give thanks to those owed.......
no2chem - GGuruUSA - naigaman - Colonel - Tiermann - ImCoKeMan - helmi - dcd - luv2chill

Without all of whom none of this would be possible.

Donate to me!!!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Wow!

I tried this on my latest VZ Nav ROM and it allows both google maps / live search to work as well as VZ Navigator.

Great job once again!

Just my two cents: I think this does use aGPS when on a stock VZW ROM with stock drivers.

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 12-20-2008, 06:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

BroMarduk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBroMarduk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBroMarduk is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I modifed the latest Verizon PRL to work with the Sprint PRI...at least I think I got it. Anyone want to give it a try and let me know? It should get rid of the roaming triangle (*228 will bring it back though, as long as you are using the Sprint PRI)....
Old 12-20-2008, 06:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
Confirmed Working!

GREAT JOB!

Donation on its way!

Edit: Donation Sent and well worth it! Thanks again! Your the man!

EDIT 2: Im using the Juagalo ROM to test. IM sitting in my basement office and picked up 6 sats in about 45 seconds. TO be honest with you thats about as good as my Titan with aGPS turned on and functioning. I was testing using Google maps and the stock Verizon radio.

thank you.... glad I could finally put something out there for the community

Accepted NOT Expected
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:40 PM
Almost a VIP

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NexVision View Post
Y would u derail the topic to ask him about his ROM seriously use some tact and ask elsewhere.
Because it is a relevant question.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

gc14 knows their stuffgc14 knows their stuffgc14 knows their stuffgc14 knows their stuffgc14 knows their stuffgc14 knows their stuff

I modified bored's cab a little, try installing it and follow the directions in the first post and see if:

1.) the PPST actually finishes instead of fails
2.) if you're roaming after.
Attached Files
File Type: cab lllboredlll VZW GPS Fix.CAB (433.7 KB, 167 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPRO

NexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
To scrosler about his ROM yes so it should be asked in his ROM thread has no bearing on this thread though.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
I dont want to start a flame war but I think it is some what a relevant question. I hope no one is pissy with me but... Here is the answer.

You will get nothing. This is for the XV6850 hardware version of the touch Pro. Dont not apply this to the "real" touch pro's from sprint. Lets not turn this into a sprint vs vzw debate either.

Bored can verify and confirm this. Update first post to clarify for everyone on the hardware platform?

Last edited by scrosler; 12-20-2008 at 06:50 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:53 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NexVision View Post
To scrosler about his ROM yes so it should be asked in his ROM thread has no bearing on this thread though.
The goal of my question was to find out the differences between this *new* GPS and what has already been released in other ROM's. If you want to lecture me about proper forum posting, maybe you should PM me instead of doing your own derailing. I'm actually a Mod in other forums and really don't need etiquette advice.

Also, Since I helped contribute by dumping my Sprint Diamond NV and sending it to bored, I think I'm within my right to ask a question.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro