PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2009, 07:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TMOUS HD2
Carrier: Tmobile

ihateu is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Im #1000

YES just wanted to be special #100- wohoooo!
Old 03-21-2009, 08:55 PM
.:DoWorkSon:.
Pocket PC: .:OD:.Incredible:.DroidX:.iPhone4:.ThunderBolt:.
Carrier: Verizon

GrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to GrandMasterB
Re: 12/25/08 Verizon GPS Fix v2.0

Well , I finally broke down and tried this on my Verizon Touch Pro. I was overwhelmed by the tutorial so I declined to try it until now. It was REALLY super easy!! And it kicks @$$ and works GREAT!

THANK YOU lllboredlll
Old 03-22-2009, 03:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

janko10 is keeping up the good workjanko10 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboredlll View Post
aGPS does not function on the Verizon TouchPro. Also I am corresponding with some other device owners and it seems that Verizon has implimented server side authentication. There aGPS that use to work now no longer does. I had to request that change their settings to the Alltel settings to confirm and sure enough it worked. So it seems that Verizon is now blocking requests that do not originate from their Navigation Software.

Doesn't surprise me. Now that they've plugged the *228 option 3 hole to get Sprint TP's onto VZW, they're plugging other workarounds as well, e.g. aGPS.

I'm sure the dozens of people doing this are just killing their revenue stream
Old 03-22-2009, 07:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900

crobs808 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to crobs808 Send a message via MSN to crobs808 Send a message via Yahoo to crobs808 Send a message via Skype™ to crobs808

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshkeller77 View Post
Crobs,

That fix (and the drivers included in GC's post) are for the XV6800, not the touch pro. This whole thread is an update to the original work GC did for the Titan.

Could you clarify, sorry if I am misunderstanding you. aGPS seems to be down and you are saying it is working for your Touch Pro?
that is what I said in the post...I used to have a 6800 and I just did the exact same steps on my TouchPro and my aGPS works fine. I get 15 second fixes with TomTom 7.

-C
GPS: TomTom v7.915 (v830.2323 Maps)
Old 03-22-2009, 07:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Send a message via AIM to crobs808 Send a message via MSN to crobs808 Send a message via Yahoo to crobs808 Send a message via Skype™ to crobs808

Quote:
aGPS does not function on the Verizon TouchPro. Also I am corresponding with some other device owners and it seems that Verizon has implimented server side authentication. There aGPS that use to work now no longer does. I had to request that change their settings to the Alltel settings to confirm and sure enough it worked. So it seems that Verizon is now blocking requests that do not originate from their Navigation Software.
I gave my wife my old Titan (xv6800), she still gets 15 second fixes using TomTom 7.

-C
Old 03-22-2009, 07:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by crobs808 View Post
that is what I said in the post...I used to have a 6800 and I just did the exact same steps on my TouchPro and my aGPS works fine. I get 15 second fixes with TomTom 7.

-C

Are you using a Sprint device ported to Verizon because Verizon devices dont have functional aGPS. The only aGPS a Verizon device can have is thru VZNav for now. I have it working on mine but the hack is so complex and the results are so inconsistent I have decided not to release it for now. When I have aGPS enabled my GPS can be anywhere from 50 to 100ft off. When I'm running on true GPS with no assistance it's dead on. I'll take percision over the speed of my lock times any day.

Accepted NOT Expected
Old 03-22-2009, 08:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Are you using a Sprint device ported to Verizon because Verizon devices dont have functional aGPS. The only aGPS a Verizon device can have is thru VZNav for now. I have it working on mine but the hack is so complex and the results are so inconsistent I have decided not to release it for now. When I have aGPS enabled my GPS can be anywhere from 50 to 100ft off. When I'm running on true GPS with no assistance it's dead on. I'll take percision over the speed of my lock times any day.
I am using a Sprint TP on VZW, as stated in my signature.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

wait. I am using aGPS on my Touch Pro....does it have true GPS? If it does, how do I allow it. because GPS is better than aGPS right?

-Thanks
Old 03-22-2009, 08:19 PM
.:DoWorkSon:.
Pocket PC: .:OD:.Incredible:.DroidX:.iPhone4:.ThunderBolt:.

GrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to GrandMasterB

Quote:
Originally Posted by crobs808 View Post
wait. I am using aGPS on my Touch Pro....does it have true GPS? If it does, how do I allow it. because GPS is better than aGPS right?

-Thanks

I dont use GPS much but to my understanding aGPS is just "assisted" GPS that uses cell tower triangulation to obtain a GPS lock faster than GPS by itself. So theroretically aGPS should be faster locking than GPS by itself......
Old 03-22-2009, 08:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

Yes your GPS is working. I see in your sig you have a Sprint device so yes you have aGPS but the people with the Verizon device dont.

Your GPS activates when you open a program that accesses it
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro