PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2009, 08:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: pocket
Carrier: sprint

jupiter is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Laggy Keyboard Fix

^^^^^^^^^^^ yeh thats built into KK's rom its sweet
Old 02-04-2009, 12:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

IsmaelPR1 is becoming a great contributor

I confirmed it on my TP, the Vista Battery Gauge is the culprit of that crazy lag, both for typing and portrait/landscape switching.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:31 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^ yeh thats built into KK's rom its sweet
yeah i'll be testing it next to see if the lag persists... i'm still bummed about losing VHB though... hopefully this new app lets me forget about it and move on! lol

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 02-04-2009, 12:36 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

the registry edit in post 70 works perfect, without removing programs or anything. im running the stock sprint rom and that lag was killing me. this is the perfect fix.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Here is a cab I made with combined reg changes for the XT9 off and the laggy keyboard thread.
used rstoyguy settings and this thread settings.
Just reset after install..

Here are listed chages:

lag problem:
HKCU\ControlPanel\KeyBd
InitialDelay=125 (original value 375)
RepeatRate=2 (original value 8 )

disable (XT9):
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Layouts\e0010409]
"ime file"="compime.dll"
"layouttext"="COMP IME"
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\SIP]
"SuggWords"=dword:0

Last edited by Maxx134; 02-05-2009 at 07:34 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:22 PM
Post Master General

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
Here is a cab I made with combined reg changes for the XT9 off and the laggy keyboard thread.
used rstoyguy settings and this thread settings.
Just reset after install..

Here are listed chages:

lag problem:
HKCU\ControlPanel\KeyBd
InitialDelay=125 (original value 375)
RepeatRate=2 (original value 8 )

disable (XT9):
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Layouts\e0010409]
"ime file"="compime.dll"
"layouttext"="COMP IME"
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\SIP]
"SuggWords"=dword:0
This is GREAT, but can you create 2 more cabs seperating the 2 regs out? I'd only want to use the 'lag' reg and i'm sure there are others who would only use one or the other.

TIA
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
This is GREAT, but can you create 2 more cabs seperating the 2 regs out? I'd only want to use the 'lag' reg and i'm sure there are others who would only use one or the other.

TIA
No prob dude!
Here ya go:
Attached Files
File Type: cab KeyboardLag_Reg_adjust .cab (1.1 KB, 45 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab XT9_Reg_disable.cab (1.4 KB, 29 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:32 PM
Post Master General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
No prob dude!
Here ya go:
excellent! 'thanks' coming!
Old 02-06-2009, 11:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

amart565 is a n00b

I used this edit and it seems to have broken all my SIP's except the full querty, I use the other two, and would like to change back to the original settings, can someone tell me what the settings were before I changed them? I didn't think to write it down. I'm on Juggalo's ROM if that matters.
Old 02-07-2009, 03:39 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

amart565 is a n00b

I hate to bump but I've searched and can't find the original settings. I understand it's my fault and I'll take the heat for this BUMP!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro