PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2008, 08:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ppc6700
Carrier: sprint

hoddy4 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Pro Speed

I've read several threads where usera are not thrilled with the speed of the Pro. As a ppc6700 and Mogul user, I have to agree that the Pro doesn't seem any faster than those two with a few applications open, but the fast that you can open many more applications and not have an apparent slowdown is a major advantage of the Pro.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:20 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive
Re: Pro Speed

My TP is blazing fast.

Old 12-19-2008, 09:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

rihavens is a n00b

The TP also has a lot more going on out of the box then the Mogul does. Its like saying my new windows vista computer takes just as long to load as my old 286 DOS computer did.
HTC Touch Diamond (Sprint)
HTC Touch (Sprint)
Samsung A900 (Sprint)
Motorola V710 (Verizon)
LG VX7000 (Verizon)
Samsung A670 (Verizon)
LG VX 6000
Kyocera KE413
Motorola T720
Kyocerya 2235
Kyocera 2335
Audiovox 9500
Kyocera 2135
Kyocera 2035
Motorola 2950 Bag phone
Old 12-19-2008, 09:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoddy4 View Post
the fast that you can open many more applications and not have an apparent slowdown is a major advantage of the Pro.
That was only the case when I first got the phone. After a few apps are oppened my TP becomes unusable. I mean 30 sec - 2 min pauses. I am one of those that are hoping that it is a software issue but is starting to think that it is a little more. The thing that scares me is the ones that keep returning the phone eventually get one that run blazing fast on the same software.

I've tried all kinds of roms.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work

Sorry to burst your bubble, but with the kitchens, an Apache with the 20755 build is pretty fast... and you can cook in most of the stuff you get out of the box with the touch pro... minus the TF3d of course... but tf3d isnt all that great anyway. so far, I am not that impressed. the smaller size and nicer graphics are the only thing going for it.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:06 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by esqueue View Post
That was only the case when I first got the phone. After a few apps are oppened my TP becomes unusable. I mean 30 sec - 2 min pauses. I am one of those that are hoping that it is a software issue but is starting to think that it is a little more. The thing that scares me is the ones that keep returning the phone eventually get one that run blazing fast on the same software.

I've tried all kinds of roms.
try juggalos rom and up the page pool to 32mb or 48mb... after you set it all up, play with it for a few minutes (fill up that page pool)... then you should seriously fly!

I'm in no way dissappointed with the speed of juggalos rom, but every other rom i've tried is slower and choppy.

Also, in advanced config 3.3

Performances
-----File system cache size= set to 8mb
-----file system filter cache= set to 131072 sectors
-----Glyph cache= set to 128KB

then, using Diamond TF3D config, use tweak#1-4

this is all i do to speed up the performance on juggalos rom, and for once in my rom-flashing life, i will be sticking to a rom that is satisfying.. and i am a VERY picky person when it comes to fluidity.

If I helped ya or If you like my work, I don't want donations, I don't want coffee, but a simple THANKS
would do the trick!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:09 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

btw, i rarely soft reset now...
Old 12-19-2008, 10:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syanni85 View Post
try juggalos rom and up the page pool to 32mb or 48mb... after you set it all up, play with it for a few minutes (fill up that page pool)... then you should seriously fly!

I'm in no way dissappointed with the speed of juggalos rom, but every other rom i've tried is slower and choppy.

Also, in advanced config 3.3

Performances
-----File system cache size= set to 8mb
-----file system filter cache= set to 131072 sectors
-----Glyph cache= set to 128KB

then, using Diamond TF3D config, use tweak#1-4

this is all i do to speed up the performance on juggalos rom, and for once in my rom-flashing life, i will be sticking to a rom that is satisfying.. and i am a VERY picky person when it comes to fluidity.
You give me hope bro. I want this phone to be great. I really don't want to return it as chrome is good, buttons are not falling off, charges without overheating even during gps use and so on.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:33 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by esqueue View Post
You give me hope bro. I want this phone to be great. I really don't want to return it as chrome is good, buttons are not falling off, charges without overheating even during gps use and so on.
no prob man... glad you got a good apple this time around... but seriously, i'm not bashing other roms, but juggalo's is ELITE! at first flash it(v .05B) was a tini bit slower than .04B, but after i played for literally 2 mins with my speedup configurations, its even faster than the older one.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good work

I don't agree that it isn't any faster; I find it a lot faster than my 6700 and far, far more capable.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro