PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2008, 05:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

scmobileman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Options for deleting emails...

I moved over to the Pro from a Blackberry and I was wondering if there was an option similar to the Blackberry when it comes to deleting emails. With the BB you could choose (when viewing each message) to delete the email from the device or from the device and the server. Is that possible with the Pro? I was having trouble trying to figure out how to best search for that but I did try and didn't see anything similar.

Thanks!
Old 12-19-2008, 08:39 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT
Re: Options for deleting emails...

I do not know what your email client is. As far as internet email like hotmail,yahoo and such there is no delete option PER EMAIL that lets you decide whether to delete of off the server or not. But you definitely can manipulate the over all option by logging on to your email account on your pc and making the determination there,i.e you can log on to your gmail /settings/imap or pop/select delete off the server or not and this setting swill aplly to all.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

Beejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scmobileman View Post
I moved over to the Pro from a Blackberry and I was wondering if there was an option similar to the Blackberry when it comes to deleting emails. With the BB you could choose (when viewing each message) to delete the email from the device or from the device and the server. Is that possible with the Pro? I was having trouble trying to figure out how to best search for that but I did try and didn't see anything similar.

Thanks!
It is possible but not from the message I believe. If you go into that email clients settings, under send/receive schedule and then advanced settings you can choose which option you want. Besides that I'm not sure.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

scmobileman is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beejis View Post
It is possible but not from the message I believe. If you go into that email clients settings, under send/receive schedule and then advanced settings you can choose which option you want. Besides that I'm not sure.

Yeah unfortunately I don't see a way to do it except to go into the settings each time. I just like to free up the inbox throughout the day and have the option to leave some messages on the server while permanently deleting others...especially spam.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint TP
Carrier: sprint

shwoogy21 is a n00b

what about from an owa client exchangw email, is there an option to keep the mail on the server?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro