PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2008, 11:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

fullgrown is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can Touch Pro type in different languages?

Hi, first time posting here. someone recommended me here to ask a question.
such as windows, where you can download language bar and type in korean or other languages to write emails or papers or anything.
can it do that?
Old 12-19-2008, 12:04 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Can Touch Pro type in different languages?

there is an update for this on the HTC web page i think

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:39 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

The answer is yes, try to use spb keyboard, it lets you chose your langage and they have a free trial

http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/keyboard/?en
Old 12-19-2008, 04:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullgrown View Post
Hi, first time posting here. someone recommended me here to ask a question.
such as windows, where you can download language bar and type in korean or other languages to write emails or papers or anything.
can it do that?
There should be programs for korean, since i know there are some for chinese and japanese. Might be hard to find one that's VGA compatible though. Do a search on yahoo/google with keywords "windows mobile korean input" or with other words like "IME" and "ppc."
Here's one that i found quickly, but not sure if it will work with the touch pro or do what you want:
* Korean keyboard (2bulsik).
* Korean Bigkey input method(combine).
* Korean Bigkey input method(multi-tap).
* Support of user-define key for Korean Bigkey.
* Processing Korean web documents and e-mail.
* Provide font for Korean letters

http://classic.pocketgear.com/softwa...il.asp?id=9107

Can't hurt to try the trial... but i just noticed it says VGA support and windows mobile 6.1 compatible - so you may be in luck.
Goodluck.

Last edited by lipidfats; 12-19-2008 at 04:21 PM.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:33 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Phatty dude, spb is veggie compatible.

Last edited by HBOOT; 12-19-2008 at 04:52 PM.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yeah of course! I've been reading and inputting Chinese on my Touch Pro for a while.

I use CE-Star by Mobem Software. I supports Chinese (both simplified and traditional), Japanese and Korean. The standard version is only $28, where the professional version will include handwriting recognition (Chinese only I believe) and multi-language dictionary.

http://www.mobem.com/products/CE-Star.php

Yeah if you know how to use different language IME then you will know how to use them with CE-Star on the Touch Pro.

Only downside? Well for some reason, CDMA network dosen't like non-Unicode text messages. My friend's FUZE can receive and send non-Unicode TXT, but when he sends to me it simply becomes "??????", same as I send a reply to him. But not in between phones in the GSM network.

Last edited by stevedusa; 12-19-2008 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Price tag
Old 12-19-2008, 06:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

69L46 is just getting started

For Thai I've used ThaiWinCE. It seemed to cause some problems with the standard keyboard, but that may have been due to something else. It includes handwriting recognition as well as a straight keyboard.

There's a trial and pay veriosn available.

Though there has to be non-English versions of WM6.1 that allow correct display of non-Roman fonts in apps like IE.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedusa View Post
Yeah of course! I've been reading and inputting Chinese on my Touch Pro for a while.

I use CE-Star by Mobem Software. I supports Chinese (both simplified and traditional), Japanese and Korean. The standard version is only $28, where the professional version will include handwriting recognition (Chinese only I believe) and multi-language dictionary.

http://www.mobem.com/products/CE-Star.php

Yeah if you know how to use different language IME then you will know how to use them with CE-Star on the Touch Pro.

Only downside? Well for some reason, CDMA network dosen't like non-Unicode text messages. My friend's FUZE can receive and send non-Unicode TXT, but when he sends to me it simply becomes "??????", same as I send a reply to him. But not in between phones in the GSM network.
i used cestar on my mogul and it was great (for japanese). but when i got my pro i could not get it to work for japanese at all... when i open the keyboard the screen/background where i'd be typing, like in an email, goes white and won't let me input anything. i tried contacting support and they told me to pay for a registration key.................. i was like uh, why would i pay for it if i can't even get the trial to work....
i'd love to get it working though.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro