PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2009, 12:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

ffyter is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: FM Radio Discussion

Here you go!
Attached Files
File Type: cab FM Radio.cab (1,020.1 KB, 101 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC P4000 WM 6.1 GPS ON

slipmatt is just getting started

Here is a FM Radio I Found also they said it was a newer version that the older FM Radio.cab ..

Scanning some other forums on other sites I also found the alias of someone who claims they can add ESN #'s to MetroPCS network for registering.

In a nutshell I left a message with them stating there is a rumored cdma htc touch pro rom you can flash that will enable the fm radio to work but features such as the camera did not. I asked if there was any valid claim he could make to this and if he was really hooked up at MetroPCS if he was able to get a copy of this ROM MetroPCS is flashing on touch pro's

Doing my part without with a Touch Pro yet. Seems telus doesnt provide you with a cheap upgrade like sprint does. They give credits off the price of a new phone tha cost $650.00 at the moment.

Actual size of fm radio cab is about 1,07megs my zip was set to mass compress sorry....

I still wonder if anyone should look @ the GSM TP HardSPL VS the CDMA HardSPL as there may be code or info there. Since the HardSPL still allows GSM phones to use fm radio with any rom it seems.

Also is it possible it something as simple as a audio file cdma device has as 0 or mute for say?

jakdillard stated in a old fm radio thread he was able to add fm radio, scan for stations, yet just had 0 sound level. Could it be a simple file like they one they mod for louder speakerphone or bluetooth etc?

Could it be just a sound setting/file set to 0 so yes you get no sound?? just tossing out guesses but staying on topic.. lolz
Attached Files
File Type: zip FM Radio 1_6_18174024_1.zip (577.3 KB, 111 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by slipmatt; 02-05-2009 at 12:34 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:17 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

what happened when you installed the radio cabs?

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:22 AM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Installed them, and then found new files to open up and look at... Doing so now.. I am going to try to change some of the values present and see what happens...
Old 02-05-2009, 12:42 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

No go for me.. Looked at everything I could... Saw nothing really important about the FM or RT... Sorry to give false hope..
Old 02-07-2009, 11:09 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

ill post the decompiled binary I found in a bit I have to re-decompile it since I didn't save it last time. heres the doc I found.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ARM Instruction Set.pdf (579.8 KB, 50 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-07-2009, 11:28 PM
Blabber mouth

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

heres the code as promised. only about 500k lines. pretty small by assembler standards. to clarify this is the STOCK spl
Attached Files
File Type: zip splasm.zip (263.5 KB, 29 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-07-2009, 11:42 PM
Blabber mouth

and the hspl decompiled
Attached Files
File Type: zip splcmonex.zip (263.8 KB, 19 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-08-2009, 12:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

gbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well I did some googling and found this picture:

Looks like it would actually be very easy for them to leave off the audio connection. This would explain the hissing sound we get... the WAV1 device is being opened but nothing is getting pumped to it.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

gbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

OK, this is (probably) my final verdict.

The FM hardware is definitely functioning. FMSapp.exe gets data from the chip and is able to scan, set frequencies, etc. So the FM chip is definitely working.

However, the signal level is completely unaffected by having an FM transmitter right next to the phone. I tried everything... wrapping the headphones around the transmitter, holding it away, holding it close, pointing it at all kinds of different angles. No matter what I did, the signal level never showed any significant changes.

After seeing the above picture, I believe that this is truly an antenna disconnect. I think that the Bluetooth module being shielded explains why it gets no reception even right next to a transmitter. I am going to call this a lost cause (at least on version 2 devices... maybe version 1 was different?). But as always, I would love to be proven wrong.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro