PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2008, 03:19 AM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty
Re: FM Radio Discussion

On topic. In hklm/software/drivers FMS is the only entry without a common entry and 1 of 2 without a device entry. Anything goin here?

Also, in hklm/drivers/builtin fms is only one without flags entry and object entry. I thought this may b necessary, idk.
Old 12-27-2008, 04:19 AM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

juggalo has said that he has flashed a diamond rom to the touch pro no problem. the only thing that i believe he said didnt work was the keyboard and obviously the FM radio. its not the same between the two phones. either something is missing from the touch pro, or we just havent figured it out yet. either way, flashing a diamond rom onto this phone isnt the solution.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:31 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Ok, heres what we know.

It probably is not in the registry.

A new rom doesn't work, although some roms will allow it to scan and lock onto a station as opposed to the stock which does not. Meaning that maybe there is a possibility to unlock somethings in the kitchen.

A diamond rom does not work. So the hardware could still be the same, but something pre-rom is causing the problem.

Most people seem to think it is SPL related. I don't know anything about the SPL and I have no idea where to start besides google, so I will be trying that soon.

It probably is not hardware related, why would they change production in order for the FM chip to be disabled? Most people say this would be way too expensive.

Someone also mentioned Kernel, this may be the SPL, like I said, I am going to try and research this a little before long and see what I come up with.

If anyone has anything to add please feel free to fill me in. I wanna know if No2Chem is still around, he seemed to be on to something at some point in another thread I saw in the upgrades section. Maybe he is still working on it! He has always been a big help around here!
Old 12-28-2008, 06:44 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level

for the last time, the issue is either SPL related/hardware related, not kernel related. the diamond kernel runs fine on the tp (with the exception of nonfunctional kb) but the FM radio still does not work.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:38 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

just remember possible does not necessarily mean soon.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:24 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by osva View Post
This sounds like the same old thread..
I don't know why this thread is stalling out with promises of uploads, etc. If you have nothing to contribute then please stop wasting everyone's time. I'm not meaning to attack anyone specifically, but please understand the volatility and the energy that is in this thread.

Please think before you post.

late,
Coz
Old 01-01-2009, 04:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TouchPro2

amart79196 is keeping up the good workamart79196 is keeping up the good work

ok, two other things that I must mention.
first,
The guy at mobipcs is a member here on this forum but I have messaged him here and he doesn't seem to answer. I dont think he visits here often at all.
Second,
he told me that he got this file from the forums. He did something to it as well. I dont know what that means, but again, like I said before, I am just sharing with the community what I know.

The Rapidshare just finished.
I just setup a "collectors account" with rapidshare so that more then 10 peoplle can download this file. BELOW IS THE LINK...PLEASE POST ON YOUR RESULTS. Hopefully someone much smarter then I (Which is probably most of you here) will figure out what it is that gets this working and why these two guys are claiming that its working on their handsets.

Goodluck

http://rapidshare.com/files/17865058...igned.nbh.html
Old 01-01-2009, 12:01 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

I have attached the oem files and i will soon be posting the drivers
UPDATE: here are the drivers. The only one not there was BTHCI.dll
Attached Files
File Type: zip PACKAGE_FMRadio.zip (565.0 KB, 125 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip FM radio mobi pcs drivers.zip (73.0 KB, 100 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by hibby50; 01-01-2009 at 12:07 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:54 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Lightbulb Re: FM Radio Discussion

Okay... Here is a recap of what we know and what we do not know..

1) We know for a fact that there IS a FM Receiver on the Touch Pro

2) We do not know if there is a hardware block stopping the FM Radio to work or if it is software related..
  • If it is HARDWARE related, then there is nothing that can be done except tearing the phone down and removing/modifying the issue at hand..
  • If it is SOFTWARE related, then it is either an issue with the SPL or the FM driver.
3) We are waiting for either an official fix from Sprint/HTC or somebody with enough programming skills to modify the software component (if that is the issue).

4) I personally have somebody that works with Sprint and HTC looking into the issue. However, this is not the place to discuss if it is credible or not.

5) There are pictures of teardowns of the Sprint Touch Pro and of the Sprint Diamond that people can compare to see if there is a hardware block in place...

6) Do not lose faith in this.. With the minds of XDA and PPC Geeks, anything is possible..
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:18 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhgarcia1123 View Post
If thats the case we should be able to get it working without tearing down the pro
Here are pictures of a torn-down CDMA Sprint Touch Pro.. And just for comparison, here are pictures of a torn down CDMA Sprint Diamond...
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro