PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2008, 08:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Iusacell

GuSo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Problem whit the screen

Hi i just recived my Touch Pro, and after power it on, the screen appears weird,
This are some pictures of it:
IMAGE_003.jpg

touchpro bad.jpg

I buy it on ebay, for overseas delivery, can i fix it whit a new rom?, this is a driver or software isue or its hardware. Post ur comments pls
Old 12-17-2008, 08:27 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!
Carrier: Sprint

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Problem whit the screen

Man, that is one screwed up lookin screen. One problem tho, you bought it on ebay. Most everything on ebay is ok but once in a while you get duped. Especially on electronics. Not saying it was intentional but it's a chance you take. Now......

Try doing a hard reset.......Turn phone off completely, hold the volume down button, then hold the center D-pad button. While holding down both buttons, press and hold the power button down until you see a menu and follow on screen instructions!

See if that helps ya, if it doesn't, you phone might be hosed. Also, if that doesn't work, try talking with the guy you bought it from and see what he will do, if he does nothing, then report his happy buttocks to Ebay and see what they will do. I really hope the hard reset helps ya!

Last edited by gator352; 12-17-2008 at 08:31 PM.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:42 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

GuSo is a n00b

I already soft and hard reset it, and even tried entering in bootloader, thats the first screenshot.
Thanks anyway, i think maybe its hardware
Old 12-17-2008, 09:03 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

That is pretty messed up.. Any chance you can post what ROM and Radio it is on? Is it CDMA or GSM?
Old 12-17-2008, 09:45 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

GuSo is a n00b

its a sprint touch pro cdma whit stock rom. The phone its new but the screen its the problem. The radio, i dont know, cause i cant enter the menus cause all its messed
Old 12-17-2008, 09:50 PM
Big MVP Diesel

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level

When you turn it on, it should show the Radio.. Do you know if it's locked?
Old 12-17-2008, 10:11 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

GuSo is a n00b

When i turn it on the screen is also messed, the sprint logo, i recorded a video for u to watch what happen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O622moyF3ZM

I soft reset it whit the keyboard open the i closed it and pressed on the uper rigth corner. To pust the start button.
Sorry for the video quality but it was recorded whit my htc diamond and it was a little dark
Old 12-17-2008, 10:14 PM
Big MVP Diesel

Yeah buddy.. You screen is jacked worse then if I went into Detroit.. I would do what Gator said.. At least give him a poor review if he can't help rectify the situation..
Old 12-17-2008, 10:56 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yeah man, that is jacked up. I know you can get great deals on ebay, but electronics tho, I would rather buy from newegg or locally just for that problem. If he doesn't help ya, just give us the ebay info and WE all will gladly help put that dude in the doghouse!! I know I will!
Old 12-17-2008, 11:14 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

flash it with the stock sprint rom found here, this should fix that problem.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42741
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro