PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2008, 03:17 AM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unknown caller fix?

is there anyway to have the number shown instead of unknown caller when your conected to a caller that isn't in your contacts??? I put out my fone sometyme and connect but the number isn't in my contacts and it just says unknown caller rather than show the number, cuz sometymes I can at least guess the number.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP
Re: Unknown caller fix?

The only time i dont get a number is when it comes in "Private" and that is due to the incoming phone not releasing there number, which my friends does all the time on his mobile when he calls me.

If your are not getting numbers it is most likely due to the incoming caller not releasing the number and you cant force them to release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotboy8628 View Post
...I put out my fone sometyme and connect but the number isn't in my contacts and it just says unknown caller rather than show the number
edit....wait wait...are you saying when you are calling a unknown caller I am alittle confussed the way your sentence is structured.
Don't just say "Thanks"....give

Last edited by Unknown Zone; 12-17-2008 at 03:40 AM.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AFAngryWarrior is keeping up the good workAFAngryWarrior is keeping up the good work

Yeah please elaborate on your question.... I had a hard time understanding it as well. My mother in law has a private number, even though she's in my phonebook she comes up "Unknown" because the caller id is private. Do you mean your looking for a way to have someone in your contacts with a restricted line come up with their information as it is in your address book?
Old 12-17-2008, 04:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

qper is keeping up the good workqper is keeping up the good work

I think my pro does the same thing. When I receive an incoming call from a caller that I do not have stored in my contacts the caller id shows the number. But after I answer, for the rest of the duration call it just shows Unknown Caller, Connected, call time counter. You can't see the number til you end the call.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by qper View Post
I think my pro does the same thing. When I receive an incoming call from a caller that I do not have stored in my contacts the caller id shows the number. But after I answer, for the rest of the duration call it just shows Unknown Caller, Connected, call time counter. You can't see the number til you end the call.
Now I can understand if "hotboy" is trying to explain the same issue, my TP does the same thing, I guess that is why when you hang up there is a "popup" saying if you want to save the "Unknown Caller" number which now shows up after the call is over, so when they call again you now have a "contact" to go with the number.

and even if you have a "contact" to go with the number it will still have no phone number showing when connected to the other party.

so the bottom line that "hotboy" is asking or trying to ...is there a hack/fix to show phone number on dialer when connected to the other caller..either contact or unknown.

I have not seen any yet.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:57 PM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Threadstarter

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff

Hey hunnies , lol sorry I was soooo vague bout wut I was sayin but yeah you guys figured it out. Its too many tymes that I have pulled out a ringing fone and it's answered but sayin unknown caller, then a guy is on the other end mad cuz I don't know his voice! LOL I wanna seee the number DAMMIT!!!!
Old 12-18-2008, 08:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

xunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to xunknownx

back in my old job where i can to call people. sometimes i would receive a voice recording stating "you are calling from a phone with a block number, this user does not accept blocked numbers, please unblock your number using *82 and try again"
i want that feature. how do i get it?
Old 12-19-2008, 12:33 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xunknownx View Post
back in my old job where i can to call people. sometimes i would receive a voice recording stating "you are calling from a phone with a block number, this user does not accept blocked numbers, please unblock your number using *82 and try again"

I would love to have that on my phone or even to change the call tone.

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 12-19-2008, 01:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo - Rooted!

LoungeLizard is keeping up the good workLoungeLizard is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to LoungeLizard Send a message via Yahoo to LoungeLizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by xunknownx View Post

I called Sprint a while back to get that put on when i was getting a few calls from a "private" number and they told me it was a feature they offered.
Old 12-19-2008, 01:40 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotboy8628 View Post
Hey hunnies , lol sorry I was soooo vague bout wut I was sayin but yeah you guys figured it out. Its too many tymes that I have pulled out a ringing fone and it's answered but sayin unknown caller, then a guy is on the other end mad cuz I don't know his voice! LOL I wanna seee the number DAMMIT!!!!
lol you wouldnt have the problem in the first place if you didnt have so many dudes with your number lol

Best... Member... Ever...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro