PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2008, 09:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Pro
Carrier: Sprint

CareTake12 is keeping up the good workCareTake12 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
UPDATE:Rainbow looking circle

Hi,

Today i look at my screen and notice a rainbow smudge, it looks like when you mix oil and water together. The problem is that i thought the rainbow smudge was on the cover. So, i took it off and found out it's on the screen. I tried washing it off but it won't come off. Anyway else have experience this? Plus i see a nik on my phone. The chrome is coming off....... WTF..

So, i called sprint, pretty much said no! you have to go to best buy! I went to best buy and explained that HTC is having a recall and i could only exchange it from best buy. Representative said yes. It has almost been two months since i bought it. THE BEST PART I GOT A PRICE MATCH WHICH IS AROUND 50 dollars. Price 199.00.

Last edited by CareTake12; 12-17-2008 at 09:49 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:40 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Re: WTF Rainbow looking circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareTake12 View Post
Hi,

Today i look at my screen and notice a rainbow smudge, it looks like when you mix oil and water together. The problem is that i thought the rainbow smudge was on the cover. So, i took it off and found out it's on the screen. I tried washing it off but it won't come off. Anyway else have experience this? Plus i see a nik on my phone. The chrome is coming off....... WTF..
Peeling chrome is a known issue that may allow you to get your phone replaced if you fall within a certain ESN range. I cant find the numbers right now.

But the smudge issue is news to me. Try going to the Sprint store to see what they have to say.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

macevedo is just getting started

Quote:
Hi,

I had that on my Mogul. it was annoying and I was never able to tell what it was. I finally had it replaced because of non related issues and the refurbished unit did not have that problem. For a little fun, reflect the sun on the roof of your car and you will see the smudge reflected as well. It gives you a bit of entertainment in a traffic jam.

My ttTouch Pro des not have it either.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:48 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

Here's the link to the thread with the ESN ranges: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=503354

This thread has a Sprint employee confirm to us that it is true: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44217

This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:12 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadlyAlive View Post
Here's the link to the thread with the ESN ranges: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=503354

This thread has a Sprint employee confirm to us that it is true: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44217
Thanks for the links!

OP, if your phone falls in that ESN range, go to a Sprint store and get a new one.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

I bought mines from best buy, Do you think they will replace it? Also, nobody in this forum have experience that smudge on their screen? Thanks for your guys input.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:32 PM
The GrooGrux King

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
I bought mines from best buy, Do you think they will replace it? Also, nobody in this forum have experience that smudge on their screen? Thanks for your guys input.
Sprint shouldn't care where you purchased it from. It's their phone and ESN's that are assigned to their network.

I get smudges on it all the time, but I wipe them off
Old 12-16-2008, 11:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Oh wow mine's in the range of the affected phones and I bought it from Worst Buy... crap... think they'll replace it at Sprint store regardless where I got it?
Old 12-16-2008, 11:57 PM
The GrooGrux King

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedusa View Post
Oh wow mine's in the range of the affected phones and I bought it from Worst Buy... crap... think they'll replace it at Sprint store regardless where I got it?
It shouldn't be a problem. It's technically their phone...doesn't matter where you buy it.

It would only have an affect if you were within the 30 days and took it to Sprint for another issue (i.e. your keyboard stopped working). If that was the case, they couldn't exchange it for you on the spot and they would have to order one for you.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:01 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadlyAlive View Post
Sprint shouldn't care where you purchased it from. It's their phone and ESN's that are assigned to their network.

I get smudges on it all the time, but I wipe them off

Thanks for your input, see it's not one of those smudges where you wipe it off.. i had a protector screen on the phone, i seen the smudge and then i tried to clean it... i was like wtf..... So, i took the screen protector off and it still there on the screen... Do you think oil can go through the screen protector.?

I swear this happen on the touch too....... I can't believe nobody is having this problem.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro