PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2008, 12:06 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WTF Rainbow looking circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadlyAlive View Post
It shouldn't be a problem. It's technically their phone...doesn't matter where you buy it.

It would only have an affect if you were within the 30 days and took it to Sprint for another issue (i.e. your keyboard stopped working). If that was the case, they couldn't exchange it for you on the spot and they would have to order one for you.
I just hope they would release ROM updates to fix many software-caused problems like battery performance and GPS lagging.

Just glad the first day I had the TP it's been in extreme good care. Screen protectors, skins and now a plastic case.

Oh well if it gets worse, I'll just try my luck at the corp store down the street.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:09 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

its not a smudge, i had one on my diamond when a can of skoal hit the screen in my pocket. not saying you did much,but it dont take much pressure to cause it. just my case, maybe some info. your good though on the chrome issue, dont tell them about the smudge.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

CareTake12 is keeping up the good workCareTake12 is keeping up the good work

Darren, you think i applied to much pressure on my phone? Is that the reason why there is a smudge looking thing.... i swear i didn't do anything to my phone today at all... sigh..
Old 12-17-2008, 12:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

resnor is a n00b

The smudge has nothing to do with pressure. There is another thread on here somewhere about the smudge. I believe the old Touch had that issue too. I have the Touch Pro, and I have the smudge thing also. I only can see it under fluorescent lighting, though.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

So, is there a way to remove it or is it one of the flaws HTC have with there screen?
Old 12-17-2008, 05:44 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Wait... its all coming back! Something about the digitizer peeling from the screen
Old 12-17-2008, 06:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Have anyone have any luck returning there pro because the chip? Please post experience. thanks
Old 12-17-2008, 06:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I have the same thing. I figured it was moisture under the clear cover on the screen. But, it's not always noticeable. I live in Minneapolis, and if I am outside and come back in, I notice it. If my phone stays indoors for a number of hours (overnight for example) it goes away until it gets cold in my pocket again.

It's really annoying, and when Sprint stores get the phone back in stock, I'll prolly take it to them for replacement.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

So, your phone is a defect? I'm thinking to return it today at sprint, but im scared they just laugh in my face....
Old 12-17-2008, 06:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

It is a defect. Granted, a sophisticated piece of technology like the TP should not be abused, if taking it in and out of your pocket and general use causes this, that is poor.

I LOVE the TP, but this will be my second replacement when I get around to it. First one bricked, luckily, after I backed it up!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro