PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2008, 02:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC RhodiumW - Sprint Branded
Carrier: Sprint

volDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvolDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvolDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvolDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to volDeus Send a message via Skype™ to volDeus
UltimateLaunch on the TP?

Ok so I searched around a smidgen but I didn't see anything seriously relavent so far so ....

As many others have already said ... TouchFLO3D is pretty ... but without a serious customization app (which I have yet to find ... most either don't work at all or don't have enough options) ... it's just not productive, effecient, or snappy enough ...

I am a huge fan of UltimateLaunch and as soon as I got over the eye-candy-buzz from TF3D I slapped UL on my new TP .... Unfortunately the only way it was even close to being usable was when I made the fixed height extremely small ... and I'm used to running it pretty much fullscreen ...

Is everyone having the same results with UL on the TP that I am??? It seems to me that this device should be MORE than capable of rendering the simple animations that UL's transitions use ...
Old 12-16-2008, 03:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: UltimateLaunch on the TP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by volDeus View Post
Ok so I searched around a smidgen but I didn't see anything seriously relavent so far so ....

As many others have already said ... TouchFLO3D is pretty ... but without a serious customization app (which I have yet to find ... most either don't work at all or don't have enough options) ... it's just not productive, effecient, or snappy enough ...

I am a huge fan of UltimateLaunch and as soon as I got over the eye-candy-buzz from TF3D I slapped UL on my new TP .... Unfortunately the only way it was even close to being usable was when I made the fixed height extremely small ... and I'm used to running it pretty much fullscreen ...

Is everyone having the same results with UL on the TP that I am??? It seems to me that this device should be MORE than capable of rendering the simple animations that UL's transitions use ...
Works perfect on my TP. ALL I did was basically double the values for the size of the Icons. I don't think I changed anything else.

I totally agree. TP3D is nice to look at and show off to your friends but it's sort of a pain to actually quickly get to everything.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

volDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvolDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvolDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvolDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I did the same thing ... doubled the global xp icon size setting (set to 64) ... but if I set the plugin height to much more than 100 the cube animation's frame rate starts to drop dramatically ... If I go fullscreen like I want it the animation only has 3 or 4 frames with the default duration!!!

Could you post your settings so we can compare results?
plugin height
animation type
animation duration
icon size
Old 12-16-2008, 03:26 PM
VIP Member

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
I did the same thing ... doubled the global xp icon size setting (set to 64) ... but if I set the plugin height to much more than 100 the cube animation's frame rate starts to drop dramatically ... If I go fullscreen like I want it the animation only has 3 or 4 frames with the default duration!!!

Could you post your settings so we can compare results?
plugin height
animation type
animation duration
icon size
Ahhh... that's probably where we differ. My UL screen is only about 1/2 of the screen. I'm using the Cube animation and it very responsible and smooth. I really didn't change any other of the default settings.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

*sigh* I wish UL was still in development ...
Old 12-16-2008, 03:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic

nursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuff

I couldn't get UL to work on my pro at all! Well, the first time it worked then I had to restart for some app and it caused my pro to freeze and show the activesync screen. I thought it was something else at first but after MUCH trial and error found out it only happened after UL was installed and then rebooted. I miss UL!
Old 12-16-2008, 03:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursemm05 View Post
I couldn't get UL to work on my pro at all! Well, the first time it worked then I had to restart for some app and it caused my pro to freeze and show the activesync screen. I thought it was something else at first but after MUCH trial and error found out it only happened after UL was installed and then rebooted. I miss UL!
I had that problem in the past with my Titan whenever I would change settings to embedded tabs without stopping the plugin first ... It always went away after a soft-reset though ...

Did you change any settings in UL before you installed the app that you restarted for?
Old 12-17-2008, 12:47 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

nursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuff

Quote:
I had that problem in the past with my Titan whenever I would change settings to embedded tabs without stopping the plugin first ... It always went away after a soft-reset though ...

Did you change any settings in UL before you installed the app that you restarted for?
nope. I loaded all items I used in UL, then loaded ul. then copied over my .ini file and reload .ini. went in a changed a few things b/c of sizing and closed. all going well till I needed to reboot.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:38 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursemm05 View Post
nope. I loaded all items I used in UL, then loaded ul. then copied over my .ini file and reload .ini. went in a changed a few things b/c of sizing and closed. all going well till I needed to reboot.
Hmmm... that doesn't sound good at all.

One caveat I should mention is that I'm using UL from the latest kitchen ROM that I flashed like 2 weeks ago.

It took a while to set up all my programs and corresponding icons but once it was set up (and I changed the icon size) it has been working without a hiccup from the start.

If definitely is "boring" compared to TP3D but for me, it's just so much quicker to access programs on my TP.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:39 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

I'm using a cab I've had from before. I've been having problems with the kitchen so still running a stock rom. will try a cooked one later today.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro