PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2008, 12:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro

peenuckle23 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
movies on the TP

does anyone know which format movies need to be to watch on the pro
Old 12-16-2008, 12:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

gman4471 is just getting started
Re: movies on the TP

Google "Pocket Divx Encoder" to get you started. After you encode you videos with that software you should be able to play them with TCMP (freeware) or CorePlayer (Around $30)
Old 12-16-2008, 02:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC RhodiumW - Sprint Branded

volDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvolDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvolDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvolDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to volDeus Send a message via Skype™ to volDeus

Unfortunately, encoding to DivX doesn't produce video files that can be rendered on the TP without dropping alot of frames ...

There is an excellent thread here talking about the best codec and format for flawless playback on the TP but I can't find it ...

From what I remember tho ... the best results come from playing video with WMP with these settings ...

Video Format: MPEG-4 AVC
Resolution: 640x480
Video Bitrate: 1000 kbps
Frame rate: 29.97
Audio Format: AAC
Audio Bitrate: 96 kpbs, 48kHz

The last time I read the thread it had been determined that because of hardware acceleration ... WMP was better than CorePlayer as long as you used those settings (specifically the mp4 codec and bitrate) ...

I would suggest AVS Video converter to create the files quickly ...
PM if you need more info or for a good copy of AVS ...
Old 12-16-2008, 02:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Threadstarter

peenuckle23 is a n00b
Red face Re: movies on the TP

Quote:
Originally Posted by volDeus View Post
Unfortunately, encoding to DivX doesn't produce video files that can be rendered on the TP without dropping alot of frames ...

There is an excellent thread here talking about the best codec and format for flawless playback on the TP but I can't find it ...

From what I remember tho ... the best results come from playing video with WMP with these settings ...

Video Format: MPEG-4 AVC
Resolution: 640x480
Video Bitrate: 1000 kbps
Frame rate: 29.97
Audio Format: AAC
Audio Bitrate: 96 kpbs, 48kHz

The last time I read the thread it had been determined that because of hardware acceleration ... WMP was better than CorePlayer as long as you used those settings (specifically the mp4 codec and bitrate) ...

I would suggest AVS Video converter to create the files quickly ...
PM if you need more info or for a good copy of AVS ...

thanks alot, all i needed was to read mpeg4 format, i was actually using ipod videora converter to switch mpeg, avi to mpeg4, and the video looks good on the touch, thanks again
Old 12-16-2008, 02:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

volDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvolDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvolDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvolDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

No problem ... good luck ...
Old 12-16-2008, 10:34 AM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Yeah I was really impressed with how smoothly wmp handled my mp4's. Will they run this smooth with the video out cables?

Old 12-16-2008, 01:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
Yeah I was really impressed with how smoothly wmp handled my mp4's. Will they run this smooth with the video out cables?
Heres a post talking about choppy playback with the video-out cable http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ight=video+out ...

The OP was trying to play a DivX encoded video ... from what I've seen MP4 has much higher benchmarks on our TPs so hopefully using MP4 will produce smooth or at least watchable playback with the cable ...

I'm ordering mine this morning so as soon as it comes in ill do some testing with various codecs/settings/players/tvs and post the results ... unless someone beats me to it
Old 12-16-2008, 01:22 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by volDeus View Post
Heres a post talking about choppy playback with the video-out cable http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ight=video+out ...

The OP was trying to play a DivX encoded video ... from what I've seen MP4 has much higher benchmarks on our TPs so hopefully using MP4 will produce smooth or at least watchable playback with the cable ...

I'm ordering mine this morning so as soon as it comes in ill do some testing with various codecs/settings/players/tvs and post the results ... unless someone beats me to it
don't hold your breath. Expansys says they won't be in until jan 5th. I'm going to head by best buy today to see if I can't find some 2.5mm to rca audio video cables. I'll let everyone know if they work.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

kidmet is keeping up the good workkidmet is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to kidmet Send a message via Yahoo to kidmet

If people are really interested in this, I already have the cables. I bought them a couple months before the TP came out. Even though everyone said I should wait. Now I got 'em and everyone is pissed about backorder.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:35 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
don't hold your breath. Expansys says they won't be in until jan 5th. I'm going to head by best buy today to see if I can't find some 2.5mm to rca audio video cables. I'll let everyone know if they work.
that is 2.5 to AUX?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro