PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2008, 10:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

DSGamer is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Any ways to customize SPB Mobile Shell?

So I bought SPB Mobile Shell today. I was nearing the end of my trial period and I switched back to TouchFlo 3D to see if I missed it or if I could live with it. My memory usage jumped from 68mb to 93mb. And the system slowed down noticeably. So I went ahead and purchased SPB Mobile Shell.

I have one question, though. Aside from the customizations that can be done within SPB are there any plugins I should consider for it to customize it more? Are there other must-have products to make the phone as useable as possible? A better dialer, perhaps? I'd turned off the HTC dialer and I got a speed increase, but I also found it harder to use. Especially missed the call history buttons that change between incoming, outgoing and missed calls. And the bigger keypad.

One customization that I would like is that I thought it was kind of cool with TF3D that there was a different screen when you pulled the keyboard out. I liked flipping the keyboard out and being presented with options to text someone, send emails, etc.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:53 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Re: Any ways to customize SPB Mobile Shell?

Yeah... Check this thread for themes...
Old 12-15-2008, 11:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

There is a customizer out that gives you many skins to choose from (clocks, backgrounds, icons, extra apps tab, etc...). I used it on my mogul, but haven't tried it yet on the pro. Here you go for more info and feedback: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=424933
Might want to check to make sure it works on the pro.
The developers site is here: http://www.imarche.net/omnia/index.php

Edit: dev site says vga support as well as all the other resolutions...

Last edited by lipidfats; 12-15-2008 at 11:29 PM.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:51 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Customizer messed me up a while back and i had a hard time getting that phuker out, I had to start in Safe mode and do few soft resets...watch out it isnt worth it .
Old 12-16-2008, 12:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

messed you up with the touch pro? like i said before, i only used it on the mogul a couple months ago and it worked fine... and i think i saw gsm touch pro/diamond users in there using it with no problems.. but thanks for the warning.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:27 AM
Big MVP Diesel

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level

So no go on the Customizer?
Old 12-16-2008, 12:29 AM
DaFlowMaster

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Yeah man, messed up the TP. I made couple changes and all looked good but froze at the end.That customizer is just too heavy duty and too big MB wise. I thrashed it....
Old 12-16-2008, 12:34 PM
Big MVP Diesel

lol.. Good to know..
Old 12-16-2008, 12:38 PM
DaFlowMaster

So BigD , you are an SPB user, hein?
Old 12-16-2008, 01:05 PM
Big MVP Diesel

Talking Re: Any ways to customize SPB Mobile Shell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbenz2008 View Post
So BigD , you are an SPB user, hein?
No... I just knew where the info is at

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro