PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2008, 02:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
any one elses TP heat up with ics?

using the cable that came with the phone when i connect using ICS after about 10 minutes my phone feels hot to the touch
Old 12-15-2008, 03:00 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: any one elses TP heat up with ics?

Normal, do anything that keeps the phone on for 10 minutes and it will be hot... been talking on it for 10 minutes yet?
Old 12-15-2008, 03:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Yea, they all do that (& when it gets hot it will refuse to charge also)

~John
Old 12-15-2008, 03:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Super Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

lmv7777 is keeping up the good worklmv7777 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to lmv7777

search an ye shall recieve. several big long posts on this.

Diamond > Touch > Treo 700p > TOUCH PRO

If i helped. click "thanks"
Thanks!
Old 12-15-2008, 03:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Krayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Krayziepop Send a message via MSN to Krayziepop Send a message via Yahoo to Krayziepop

I am on my 3rd TP for this issue, and they all do the same thing. Even with just light browsing, as long as I am using USB ICS, the phone gets too hot and stops charging... I have learned to put my phone in the fridge, or next to a cracked window while tethering... or talking for long periods of time... or streaming internet radio... or... or...
Old 12-15-2008, 03:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Super Touch Pro

lmv7777 is keeping up the good worklmv7777 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to lmv7777

open the keyboard, and remove the back cover. some posts have shown this helps. i just confirmed, now my battery doesn't stop charging when im watching movies lol
Old 12-15-2008, 04:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Bad HAL 9000 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krayziepop View Post
I am on my 3rd TP for this issue, and they all do the same thing. Even with just light browsing, as long as I am using USB ICS, the phone gets too hot and stops charging... I have learned to put my phone in the fridge, or next to a cracked window while tethering... or talking for long periods of time... or streaming internet radio... or... or...
Stop returning phones for this issue. A new phone will NOT fix it. Unless you want to return it and get a completly different phone. (Not a TP)
Old 12-15-2008, 04:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

My mogul used to get really hot during ICS, so im sure this has little to do with it being a touch pro problem. Charging the phone with a constant and demanding data stream causes heat period.

Think of it this way, when you ICS you are streaming more data because you are loading the FULL internet pages. The phone has to download these large data packets and synchronize them with the PC your using and also take a charge in the meantime. Very processor intensive!
Old 12-15-2008, 05:10 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

as far as charging and using the phone, take the back cover off, it makes it a ton better. i know we shouldnt have to, but we do and it works.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ekeown is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krayziepop View Post
I have learned to put my phone in the fridge, or next to a cracked window while tethering... or talking for long periods of time... or streaming internet radio... or... or...

Placing my TP on a paper towel with a ziplock bag filled with ice underneath is my trick while I stream Sirius (C-ApiSRO is great!) at my desk at work; so far it works great.

Oh, the things we do to manage using such and awesome piece of hardware...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro