PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2008, 01:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

spediegunz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I should sue htc/sprint this velcro case suck

this stupid velcro case sucks today my phone fell out of the the velcro case and slid face first for about 1 foot it totally damaged my phone cosmetically. the chrome bezel is all scratched up and I gotta think if the velcro held the case shut better my phone would of never fell out. I know they switched to velcro cuz they said magnets damage the touch features of the screen but now my phone is even faster ruined. Now i gotta go find a way to make sprint replace my phone and im past the 30 days so when i get the replacement no way will i be using this case ever again do u guys know a place wherei can find a nice case for the phone with a stronger velcro or some other means of closing and also any ideas on how could i go about getting this phone replaced?
Old 12-15-2008, 01:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

B18DelSolT is keeping up the good workB18DelSolT is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to B18DelSolT Send a message via MSN to B18DelSolT Send a message via Yahoo to B18DelSolT
Re: I should sue htc/sprint this velcro case suck

Run the stock Rom install and unhook it half way, if the people are your spring have no idea what there doing like the ones at my sprint store your golden.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

Spr0ckEt is keeping up the good workSpr0ckEt is keeping up the good workSpr0ckEt is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Spr0ckEt Send a message via MSN to Spr0ckEt Send a message via Yahoo to Spr0ckEt

That sucks
Phone history: Moto V265 (5), Moto V710 (4), Moto E815 (1), Moto Q (4), Treo 700wx (3), and XV6800 (5), Alltel Touch Pro (5), VZW Touch Pro 2 (2), HTC Incredible (3), HTC Thunderbolt (5), HTC Rezound (5), HTC DNA (4), Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (3)
Old 12-15-2008, 01:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Really sorry to hear that.

You could try the case from seidio online (i think there's a holster you could buy for it if you're into that sorta thing):
http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...e=CSR2HTCH2-BK

and you really should use a full body screen protector like these:
http://www.bodyguardz.com/Sprint_Tou...nttouchpro.htm
http://www.ghost-armor.com/htc/htc-t.../prod_153.html
http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/...ns-shields.php

Those would have prevented your phone from getting all scratched up when it fell out... There are other brands too, but those are the most used i think (all have a lifetime warranty).
Look for videos on youtube of these skins, one guy slides it across the pavement and it survives... others scratch it with a key to show how well it holds up.
Good hunting.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:06 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Velcro was a big no no on HTC's part, but you should have no problem getting your phone replaced, as long as you emphasize it was damaged due to a failure of the case's duty to protect your phone.

lipid posted some links to a few solutions you might want to invest in for next time.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:21 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

thats kinda funny... i had a problem with my phone, and i brought it to the sprint store, and they said that i should be using the case it came with because the screen may have been getting tapped... and i was all like, yeah i don't trust that case, it always falls off my belt and they were like just leave it in your pocket...but it doesn't fit.. long story short, the case is terrible. i don't use it. i dropped my phone once.. i was drunk and it fell down, but i hit it with my shin and broke its fall so it didn't get damaged, but the chrome is falling off regardless. nevermind the battery cover is becoming discolorered from use... this phone seems half***** to me, all the way through.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

apex seals is becoming a great contributor

litigation is the answer to everything..

how did it fall out?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

spediegunz is a n00b

i live in ny so i was briskly walking to the train so i wouldn't miss it and the phone just popped right out of the case. im gonna try to use the invisible shield when i get my replacement im still thinking of ways to go about it though bricking my phone sounds good but nowadays i think they can just try to put the roms right on from the sprint store i don't wanna use the insurence cuz i know the tp is still like sold out every where i don't want them to tell me my phone is no availible and they have to send me a phone of 'EQUAL VALUE" cuz then ill really get jerked so tommrow im gonna go to the sprint store and feed them whatever bull ish that i got on my mind at the time like the phone keeps freezing or something

Last edited by spediegunz; 12-15-2008 at 03:41 AM.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good work

I just don't see how people are having the velcro come open. It's SOLID on mine. I use the case exclusively.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:40 AM
Lurker

kangolslimm is a n00b

my velcro case is solid as a rock

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro