PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2008, 08:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

groovdafied is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Invisible Shield question???

I've been reading around the forums, but I'm having a difficult time finding my question to be answered. Does using the invisible shield make it sticky for fingers to slide across the screen? I like the idea that if you hold the back of it, you get a better grip, but the front was designed to be slick for the fingers, and I use the TouchFlo all around the device constantly.

So does it make it hard, weird or uncomfortable to slide your fingers on?

I appreciate your comments and suggestions for any other products you would recommend.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:40 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh
Re: Invisible Shield question???

No it will not make it harder to slide your finger, only difference is the feeling you will get on your finger when you slide, kinda a rubbery slide nothing else, works perfect.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:40 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

I too would like to know this... I've been contemplating this for a few days now

If I helped ya or If you like my work, I don't want donations, I don't want coffee, but a simple THANKS
would do the trick!
Old 12-14-2008, 08:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (off that) ---> (on to) Touch Pro 2
Carrier: The Now Network

RockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to RockSta®

I personally found it rubbery and a lil difficult to scroll and touchFlo, so i took it off. It felt weird and it got really annoying, i thought that maybe if i left it on for a couple days it would get better but no luck so i ditched it.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

FoxRacR17 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSta® View Post
I personally found it rubbery and a lil difficult to scroll and touchFlo, so i took it off. It felt weird and it got really annoying, i thought that maybe if i left it on for a couple days it would get better but no luck so i ditched it.
Same exact deal with me. I do not like that rubbery feel and its really hard to use the stylus because it seem to stick alot with this shield.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Threadstarter

groovdafied is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Hmm... I saw the Zaggs video demo where he scratched the back of the iPod touch (with a shield on it) and used a cloth to wipe it down... He wiped it around freely and it didn't look like it caught on the cloth very well... I think it's something worth to give a try,I was really impressed by the demo.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:59 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovdafied View Post
Hmm... I saw the Zaggs video demo where he scratched the back of the iPod touch (with a shield on it) and used a cloth to wipe it down... He wiped it around freely and it didn't look like it caught on the cloth very well... I think it's something worth to give a try,I was really impressed by the demo.
yeah but its a demo, they're gunna try to make it seem as bada** as possible on their site, ya know?
Old 12-14-2008, 09:05 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh

Quote:

trust me its nothing like that after youve used it for over a few days, thats when you first apply it, but once it gets some moisture and air its pretty good, im still using mine with no problem.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jmill72x is a n00b

I decided to give one a try and ordered one this morning. I'm also worried that the screen will be sticky, but I figure I can remove it if I don't like it. This will be the first time I try a "case" like this, so I'm interested to see how it performs.

I'll post a follow-up in a week or so.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (off that) ---> (on to) Touch Pro 2
Carrier: The Now Network

RockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to RockSta®

OHH REALLY?...ZAGGS huh?.......nah ill pass, i will stick to my stock screen protector and my hard clear case and im good.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro