PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Invisible Shield question??? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49092)

groovdafied 12-14-2008 08:38 PM

Invisible Shield question???

I've been reading around the forums, but I'm having a difficult time finding my question to be answered. Does using the invisible shield make it sticky for fingers to slide across the screen? I like the idea that if you hold the back of it, you get a better grip, but the front was designed to be slick for the fingers, and I use the TouchFlo all around the device constantly.

So does it make it hard, weird or uncomfortable to slide your fingers on?

I appreciate your comments and suggestions for any other products you would recommend.

Merdinh 12-14-2008 08:40 PM

Re: Invisible Shield question???

No it will not make it harder to slide your finger, only difference is the feeling you will get on your finger when you slide, kinda a rubbery slide nothing else, works perfect.

syanni85 12-14-2008 08:40 PM

I too would like to know this... I've been contemplating this for a few days now

RockSta® 12-14-2008 08:42 PM

I personally found it rubbery and a lil difficult to scroll and touchFlo, so i took it off. It felt weird and it got really annoying, i thought that maybe if i left it on for a couple days it would get better but no luck so i ditched it.

FoxRacR17 12-14-2008 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockSta® (Post 578560)
I personally found it rubbery and a lil difficult to scroll and touchFlo, so i took it off. It felt weird and it got really annoying, i thought that maybe if i left it on for a couple days it would get better but no luck so i ditched it.

Same exact deal with me. I do not like that rubbery feel and its really hard to use the stylus because it seem to stick alot with this shield.

groovdafied 12-14-2008 08:52 PM

Quote:

Hmm... I saw the Zaggs video demo where he scratched the back of the iPod touch (with a shield on it) and used a cloth to wipe it down... He wiped it around freely and it didn't look like it caught on the cloth very well... I think it's something worth to give a try,I was really impressed by the demo.

syanni85 12-14-2008 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by groovdafied (Post 578570)
Hmm... I saw the Zaggs video demo where he scratched the back of the iPod touch (with a shield on it) and used a cloth to wipe it down... He wiped it around freely and it didn't look like it caught on the cloth very well... I think it's something worth to give a try,I was really impressed by the demo.

yeah but its a demo, they're gunna try to make it seem as bada** as possible on their site, ya know?

Merdinh 12-14-2008 09:05 PM

Quote:

trust me its nothing like that after youve used it for over a few days, thats when you first apply it, but once it gets some moisture and air its pretty good, im still using mine with no problem.

jmill72x 12-14-2008 09:05 PM

I decided to give one a try and ordered one this morning. I'm also worried that the screen will be sticky, but I figure I can remove it if I don't like it. This will be the first time I try a "case" like this, so I'm interested to see how it performs.

I'll post a follow-up in a week or so.

RockSta® 12-14-2008 09:06 PM

OHH REALLY?...ZAGGS huh?.......nah ill pass, i will stick to my stock screen protector and my hard clear case and im good.