PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   File help with HTC Touch PRO SPRINT (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49084)

victoorious 12-14-2008 06:47 PM

File help with HTC Touch PRO SPRINT

Just a quick question with my phone, im trying to open certain files on my TP such as *.jar or *.jad or even a *.sis file to install Garmin XT on my phone, but everytime I open a file that has the ICON of a windows logo i get this message.

"There is no application associated with 'GarminMobileXT'. Run the application first, then open this file from within the application"

anyone know my problem?

lmv7777 12-14-2008 06:58 PM

Re: File help with HTC Touch PRO SPRINT

.jar and . jad files are java files, the sprint touch pro does not have a JAVA program. therefore you cannot open the files. you can find a VGA version os java by searching the forum in order to install these files. i cant tell you about .sis files, try here : www.wikipedia.com

victoorious 12-14-2008 07:02 PM

^ thanks for the reply, do you happen to know how to install GARMIN or TOMTOM onto the phone though?

lmv7777 12-14-2008 07:51 PM

.exe files you have to install from windows using activesync, .cab files you install from the phones file explorer.

\/ just hit the thanks :)

frenchy17 04-18-2009 11:28 PM

Where can i find the java app and how do i install it to run .jar or .jad files on htc touch pro...help me please i need this...

jmorton10 04-19-2009 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by victoorious (Post 578302)
Just a quick question with my phone, im trying to open certain files on my TP such as *.jar or *.jad or even a *.sis file to install Garmin XT on my phone

GarminXT is not a java app, how did you get it in this format??

~John

jperez1 04-19-2009 04:31 AM

hello, i am new to this fourm and find myself getting pissed off because its so dam confusing to ask questions here. if this is not the right place for this question can someone please re-route it to the right place for me.

ok, I have the htc touch pro and will be utilizing its video out capabilities in on monday for the first time. as far as I know i will be able to project everything I am doing on my touch pro on to a tv for a larger display. My question is this:

while i have the touch pro engaged in video out mode and I have let say WORD running on my 42'' flat screen can I link a bluetooth keyboard up to my touch pro and type word documents on my 42'' screen? if this keyboard has a mouse do you think that will work too? imagine how sick that would be, if this is possible then one could turn any tv with video imputs into a real computer. what do you think?