PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2008, 03:31 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Aggressive Memory Management?

As can be seen in my other thread where my keyboard has died, I've tried reflashing to NueROM because I wanted a stock ROM. As a side note, I am really impressed with how much faster and smoother NueROM is, I never realized how choppy the stock ROM is, until I saw it next to an iPhone... this is much closer so the same smoothness, and much nicer. ANYWAY...

Is there a way to adjust windows' memory management? no2chem has it set to be so aggressive it closes -everything-. The RAM usage never goes much above 45% before programs start disappearing. glight (or in my case, lumos) gets closed, opera closes immediately, even resco explorer gets closed as soon as another program is opened. I can't have Pandora or google maps in the background to reply to a text, it's a huge inconvenience!

It's a huge pain to navigate back to where you were in Opera just because it closed completely because I went to reply to a text. Same goes for beejive, now that I think about it, even the default messaging clients.

So again, any way to adjust when Windows starts closing the programs in the background?
Old 12-14-2008, 03:49 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Aggressive Memory Management?

This is a pretty complicated question since there's a lot of ways to address it, but the problem is compounded by the fact that it's not the Sprint ROM. You really need to be asking this on the NueROM threads for the best answers.

You could just go to Start > Settings > System > Task Manager and change how the X button behaves as a starting point.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:59 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Aggressive Memory Management?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
This is a pretty complicated question since there's a lot of ways to address it, but the problem is compounded by the fact that it's not the Sprint ROM. You really need to be asking this on the NueROM threads for the best answers.

You could just go to Start > Settings > System > Task Manager and change how the X button behaves as a starting point.
It's already set to just have the x button minimize the program. I couldn't find an appropriate nueROM thread here on ppcgeeks and I know he's primarily developing here? He doesn't have any sort of discussion available on his site either so I hoped I could get somewhere here.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro