PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Sprint Touch Pro requires Everything Plan? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=48969)

Addicted23 12-13-2008 10:09 PM

Sprint Touch Pro requires Everything Plan?

I received this e-mail response from Sprint e-care. Is that correct? The Sprint Touch Pro requires on everything plan? I have a family plan with 3 lines and wanted to keep the same plan and just add the $30 data plan for the Touch pro.

========================

HTC Touch Pro must purchase either a 450 Everything, 900
Everything, or Simply Everything rate plan.

The "Simply Everything" plan provides unlimited "everything" (Voice,
Messaging, Direct Connect and Mobile Internet) and you do not want to
add the Data Premier add-on or PRO Pack add-on with the Everything Plan
this services are included in this Plan.

The Everything Plan is require for the Touch pro and this is not just a
voice price plan. With this plan, our valued customers have the freedom
to use all the features of their device without hesitation or fear of
high charges/overage. It's a worry-free way to do simply everything.

BigDiesel07 12-13-2008 10:19 PM

Re: Sprint Touch Pro requires Everything Plan?

No... That is not true.. I have a 1500 minute family plan... I would reply back asking to have a supervisor explain this to you..

identity 12-13-2008 10:19 PM

I got mines at BB and they just added the $15 data package to my family plan, didn't even ask me for the simply everything plan.

CaliforniaPlaya 12-13-2008 10:26 PM

And there are several of us with a Pro on an old SERO plan...an Everything plan is definitely not needed. Don't know what plan you have what upgrade you're eligible for, but check out this link. Pros are going to be $199.99 at Best Buy starting tomorrow...if they have any in stock that is.

BigDiesel07 12-13-2008 10:28 PM

This is an honest to goodness attempt to make you buy into a more expensive plan you really don't need...

Addicted23 12-13-2008 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by identity (Post 576939)
I got mines at BB and they just added the $15 data package to my family plan, didn't even ask me for the simply everything plan.

What is the $15 data plan? I was e-mailed these two plans and the $30 plan seems like the no-brainer choice. I'm seriously on the fence with this phone because it seems like it's so hit or miss in terms of phone quality but the $200 Best Buy price is enticing.

----------------------------

Further, the details of the$10.00 Data Premier package and Pro pack
includes the following features:
· Unlimited Premium Sprint TV
· Unlimited Premium Sprint Radio
· Unlimited Sprint Navigation
The pro Pack package includes:
$30.00 - Power Vision PRO Pack
- Unlimited Data Access, Web Browsing
- NFL Mobile
- On Demand
- Unlimited Picture Mail or Multimedia Services
- Sprint TV
- Sprint Music (Sprint Radio)
- Sprint Mobile eMail
- Sprint Navigation (Unlimited)
- Text Messages (Unlimited)

orlandojumpoff 12-13-2008 11:35 PM

it sounds like the $10 pack doesn't even have unlimited data.. only data for those sprint applications?
i have the $15 power vision data pack which is basically for unlimited data... i don't need sprint navigation because i use other apps for that and i get 300 free texts each month.. but i think u can add that on for $5..
with the $30, they're just charging you for everything. if you don't need all those things, u may want to consider the $15 addon (and add on texting options if needed). The key here is to know that you don't have to buy into simply everything... how much are you paying right now for your family plan with 3 lines? Just remember if you add one of those data packs, it's only good for your line, not the other lines on your family plan... If you want data and texts for all lines, u may want to look into family data everything plan.

Also, remember you are going to hear from more dissatisfied customers about quality on here because the people that are happy with their touch pros don't need to rant. I don't think it's as hit or miss as some people like to think...
i have zero complaints.

Addicted23 12-14-2008 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orlandojumpoff (Post 577122)
it sounds like the $10 pack doesn't even have unlimited data.. only data for those sprint applications?
i have the $15 power vision data pack which is basically for unlimited data... i don't need sprint navigation because i use other apps for that and i get 300 free texts each month.. but i think u can add that on for $5..
with the $30, they're just charging you for everything. if you don't need all those things, u may want to consider the $15 addon (and add on texting options if needed). The key here is to know that you don't have to buy into simply everything... how much are you paying right now for your family plan with 3 lines? Just remember if you add one of those data packs, it's only good for your line, not the other lines on your family plan... If you want data and texts for all lines, u may want to look into family data everything plan.

Also, remember you are going to hear from more dissatisfied customers about quality on here because the people that are happy with their touch pros don't need to rant. I don't think it's as hit or miss as some people like to think...
i have zero complaints.

I'm paying $59.99 for a 550 minute family plan. I sometimes get close to the 550 but that's basically all I need since the other two phones are with heavy users.

Sprint gave me 500 texts for $1 and that's about all I need as well.

Hmmm, yeah, maybe the $15 plan works best. Thanks for the feedback.

BigDiesel07 12-14-2008 02:48 PM

That's true... The people who tend to flock to PPC Geeks are curious about improving and modding their phone, are dissatisfied with their PPC, and/or are looking for information...

platin465 12-14-2008 04:04 PM

I haven't even heard of needing data on these, even though for most it would defeat the purpose of the phone if they didn't have a data plan. I know you do need data if you want to get the rebates, but you don't need those rebates with Best Buy. You may need it to get the Best Buy price though. If you've got 500 txt for $1, you'll probably just want to get the $15 data pack addon.

Don't let them bully you into a higher priced plan, but do see if they'll negotiate for something better for the same price!