PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   WinMo sucks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=48908)

TheAList 12-13-2008 12:15 PM

WinMo sucks

I've had several Windows Mobile phone and sooner or later they begin to have issues. You'd think that they'd finally be able to create a stable platform. I hate having to do hard resets because then I need to take the time to configure the phone to the way I had it. Is it me or should we not have to worry about this when we buy a new phone?

I am now having issue with my TP. Perhaps someone could help me. All of a sudden, I scroll over to my "people" icon and TF3D crashes and brings me back to the main screen. Any idea as to how to fix this? I would really like to avoid having to do a hard reset if possible. I am extremely frustrated that no matter what phone comes out, we have to deal with the same issues over and over again. Get your act together Microsoft!

ACHlLLES 12-13-2008 12:16 PM

Re: WinMo sucks

What tweaks have you done?

TheAList 12-13-2008 12:27 PM

Not much if anything. I just have my ringtones and favorites set up. I added SkyFire and Diamondtweak. That's all.

ACHlLLES 12-13-2008 12:48 PM

I was only asking because problems occur when you make changes in your settings/programs.

I would try to track back what changes were made, and if that dont work, its time to hard reset.

sorry couldnt give you more than this

TheAList 12-13-2008 12:59 PM

Thanks. I am wondering if I can just somehow add the People.cab to the phone somehow to bring it back? It's obviously gotten corrupt somehow would be my guess.

correct 12-13-2008 01:08 PM

did you do a back up prior to this problem. if so do a restore. it's very important that you do a back up on a regular basis.

Compusmurf 12-13-2008 01:10 PM

On the people tab, did you "import" any pictures from another source? Example, from another phone, from a PC, etc? Certain photos seem to cause this on that tab and on the photos tab.

Compusmurf 12-13-2008 01:11 PM

btw, the touchflow stuff and the manilla stuff is NOT winmo, it's an HTC developed program. Point the blame where it belongs. :)

TheAList 12-13-2008 01:14 PM

What do you mean by "restore?" Are you referring to a hard reset? I have everything backed up on my Mac. I just find it extremely frustrating that I need to take time to reconfigure everything to the way it was. Whether it's HTC or Microsoft who's to blame, they all need to get their act together. We shell out a lot on money for products that we hope are going to be reliable. I'm coming from the Touch and I hated all the issues I had with it. I am hoping that the TP doesn't continually have the same issues. Is it too much to ask for a stable phone/OS? I probably already know what the answer to that question is. :P

TheAList 12-13-2008 01:20 PM

Nope. I didn't import anything. The only thing I can think of is that the file became corrupt after I finished syncing my phone using activesync.