PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2008, 02:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WinMo sucks

Shut off all the HTC Crap and Run Microsoft's software and it runs fine and more functional in my opinion.

I disabled TF3D on the first day. Phone Skin on 2nd day. Stable as a rock. GPS locks instantly every time. BT Headset great. Voice Commnd Great.

Since Diamond was released I have not hard reset stock Sprint ROM.

I don't think Pro is any different in this regard.
Old 12-13-2008, 03:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

TheAList is a n00b

Thanks. I downloaded it and tried it. i also removed Diamondtweak. My people tab is still crashing. Is there anything special thing I need to configure with MemMaid?

As my last resort, how do I do a hard reset? I've tried the volume down and the center/enter button, plus the power button, but that does not seem to work.
Old 12-13-2008, 03:36 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Dude, go to start/program/clear storage. Lot of time prob is within us, and I think this is your case man.Good luck
Old 12-13-2008, 03:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Moment < - Awesome!

ramiss is becoming a great contributor

What makes Windows Mobile so great is also its downfall. Because it is so customizable it allows the introduction of bad code, improper settings, drivers, roms etc. Windows Mobile is a laptop in a phone body and is subject to the downfalls of any proper computer.

If you want something that doesn't crash then get something that you can't tweak. The alternative is to understand that any change you make or program you install has the ability to hurt the reliability of the OS.

I have been with Windows Mobile since my IPAQ 1915 back in 2004 and have had 5 models since. I can honestly tell you that I have only experienced a crash once on a stock device. Every other crash, and there have not been many in 4 years, can be directly attributed to buggy software or a bad registry setting.

Richard
Old 12-13-2008, 03:42 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

i bet i know what is wrong! he used an old pic with a contact! go through all the pics u use for those contacts with photo and video viewer and click edit auto correct. then edit the contacts pictures in the contact app and walla!

Old 12-13-2008, 03:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

r1_rydah is keeping up the good workr1_rydah is keeping up the good workr1_rydah is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAList View Post
Not much if anything. I just have my ringtones and favorites set up. I added SkyFire and Diamondtweak. That's all.
sh*# if those are the only programs you've added, I wouldn't even waste my time troubleshooting a problem, I would backup my contacts, etc, hard reset & be back where I was in 30 mins or less
Old 12-13-2008, 03:52 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh

I would suggest you use one of the custom roms created by ppcgeek users, and forget about diamond tweaks, i also had problem with those tweaks before.
Old 12-13-2008, 05:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf

Yeah Hibby, thats what I was trying to say. Seems photo display on TF3D is picky. After about the 3rd crash, I figured it out on mine, removed them all and only display ones the TP has taken.
Old 12-13-2008, 05:29 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Fellas: I do not use TF3D at all unless I am doing a show and tell session. But my TP opens pix taken by Mogul, Sanyos,...pix off the net without any prob. So, it the TF3D must be allergic to pix ...
Old 12-13-2008, 06:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

its probably diamondtweak... i had problems with my tp as soon as i installed it... got rid of it and no problems since.. a lot of people also recommend not using it on the tp.
advanced config also seems to cause some problems for people, but ive yet to experience any. But u shouldnt blame windows for something u did. I havent had any strange problems that forced me to hard reset with this or my old phone... and i download tons of apps. When people have to hard reset its usually because of something strange they put on thats not tried and tested to work fully. Hope you figure it out though.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro