PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2008, 04:32 AM
GRB
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint since 98

GRB is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is it just me...

...or does the internet totally SUCK on mobile phones?

I don't care what browser I use, I just get to the point I want to throw the damn thing at the wall.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:40 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Is it just me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB View Post
...or does the internet totally SUCK on mobile phones?

I don't care what browser I use, I just get to the point I want to throw the damn thing at the wall.
must be you. mine is fast as heck. by you i mean your area you live. use wifi, thats fast.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint

dole is becoming a great contributor

The whole internet, or just web browsing? Because telnetting on mobile phones kicks ***
Verizon: Motorola v325

"Make a u-turn, and then, continue"
Old 12-13-2008, 04:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Diamond

hempy is just getting started

I'm very satisfied with the TP and its browser, having used a Mogul for about a year. Now that was a frustrating browsing experience.
Old 12-13-2008, 05:04 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

if ur coming from a mogul (change ur phone info if u r), u should be happy with the vga screen since u can actually read the opera mobile preview..... and evdo is fast in my area so im happy.
maybe u should state why it's so frustrating for you if you're going to start a thread about it... browsers sucking.......................... is very general
Old 12-13-2008, 05:11 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

its not a computer, and "browsing" the web is sometimes a pain, but if you need info, and have an idea of where to go or what you're looking for, you'll find it..which is what mobile browsing is all about. its about quick information, not entertainment. though, it can be used for that. i browse the forums all the time on my phone, but its not as easy as using a pc....but i don't have a pc all the time, which is why i have this phone lol
Old 12-13-2008, 12:15 PM
GRB
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint since 98
Threadstarter

GRB is becoming a great contributor

Sorry for being so vague.

I did come from the Mogul, and I only used the browser when needed, just like my TP.

I'm still struggling with the zoom feature, I just wish when you get the zoom set where u like it, it would stay there while on that particular website.
Everytime I link to something, it's back to unreadably small and I got to start dialing that wheel again.

My biggest issue is the waiting for pages to load, but from what I'm hearing, It sounds like that's just my connection.

I was just so mad last night trying to d/l .dll files because I could'nt get them into my phone with activesync that I had to vent. I've since figured out that if u zip them up they'll slide over w/o issue. d'oh.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Moment < - Awesome!

ramiss is becoming a great contributor

I get frustrated at the zoom wheel as well. Once I discovered double tapping the area I want to zoom it made the experience much easier.
Old 12-13-2008, 05:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

i like it being in preview mode after i link to a new page... most times i can already read the content in that mode, so i can see where i want to concentrate on and zoom in there...
Old 12-13-2008, 05:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

speck is becoming a great contributor

I find browsing very slow also. I guess I need to check my connection (what am I looking for?)

My biggest problem with the lack of speed is that often the page will load enough that I think I can tell what I want (I can't see much in preview mode) - but my zoom wheel (or double taps) doesn't work untili the page is completely loaded. That's using Opera. I may need to try out PIE.

My niece has an iPhone, and though her browsing isn't all that quick either - it is a lot easier experience.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro