PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Problems with Opera Mobile 9.5 Build 2745 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=48713)

blazinazn 12-11-2008 10:52 PM

Problems with Opera Mobile 9.5 Build 2745

I just recently upgraded from the stock Opera mobile that came with the stock ROM on the Sprint TP. Pages seem to load faster with it.

Does anyone know how to change the default zoom when you double tap? Whenever I double tap, it zooms in just a little but nothing like how it was on the stock Opera. When I double tap again, it just reverts back to the original view.

Also, I would like to move the cache files over to the storage card. I tried going into about:config and changing the cache4 to \internal storage\opera9\cache, soft reset, but it still doesn't work. Anyone have any ideas as far as that?

And lastly, I just noticed that the address bar will no longer minimize. It will show the address bar and the taskbar on the bottom and it won't go away. Is this a bug? I've tried doing a soft reset but that doesn't seem to fix the problem either.

If anyone could help me out, I'd appreciate it.

blazinazn 12-12-2008 09:01 AM

Re: Problems with Opera Mobile 9.5 Build 2745

bttt, anybody got anything?

nico4k 12-12-2008 09:45 AM

I had similar issues when upgrading to that version of opera. the best way to upgrade is to use the upgrade version of opera. believe i did all tje tests with fixing the zoom and all but it was still clunky. go back to the thread and follow the directions on upgradeot is the best way and everything will worl wondwerfully. btw, thats what im using to type right now.

blazinazn 12-12-2008 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nico4k (Post 574049)
I had similar issues when upgrading to that version of opera. the best way to upgrade is to use the upgrade version of opera. believe i did all tje tests with fixing the zoom and all but it was still clunky. go back to the thread and follow the directions on upgradeot is the best way and everything will worl wondwerfully. btw, thats what im using to type right now.

Hey man, I'm having trouble finding that exact thread that talks about "upgrading." Could you help me out?

I'm considering going back to build 2649 for now until something more stable and better comes out.

fenningenarius 12-12-2008 11:46 AM

Check out this post.

I recently upgraded mine to 2745, but I used the full install and then tweaked the zoom settings. It may be that using the upgrade files is a better way to go. I have used mine a few times since upgrading and everything seems fine though.

Here's a snippet from the relevant portion of the above linked post:
Quote:

3. Edit the Opera.ini in Opera folder with following adaptive zoom settings:

[Adaptive Zoom]
Maximum Zoom=200
Minimum Zoom=160
Virtual Screen Width=960
Minimum overview Zoom=30