PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Sprint navigation on the touch pro free? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=48693)

sbux_jae 12-11-2008 11:23 PM

Re: Sprint navigation on the touch pro free?

I have the Simply Everything Basic Data, and even I get to use Sprint Navigation as much as I want!

los1223 12-12-2008 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesfactor (Post 573503)
+1...doesn't work with SERO

I've heard people calling Sprint and bugging them until they gave it to them. Which is believable because you can't add anything to a SERO plan so the only option is for them to give it to you. I personally use iGo or Google Maps so I don't care to try myself. Although I used it once on my old Touch and it was actually pretty sweet! lol Maybe I should call Sprint tomorrow! haha

Success100 12-12-2008 03:05 AM

im a sprint employee. $15 power vision package does NOT include Sprint Nav. Any of the "everything" packages include it. Your phone doesnt know your on a everything plan, which is why it still says trial when u first activate it

As far as Sero accounts, im not too sure, ive heard different things

basilray 12-12-2008 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Success100 (Post 573896)
im a sprint employee. $15 power vision package does NOT include Sprint Nav. Any of the "everything" packages include it. Your phone doesnt know your on a everything plan, which is why it still says trial when u first activate it

As far as Sero accounts, im not too sure, ive heard different things

Success - Pretty sure the Everything messaging plan does not include Nav. Just unlimited text and Direct Connect. At least that's how the terms on Sprint's site make it to be.

MisterMP0315 01-30-2009 03:29 AM

I have 2 TPs both on SERO plans and just put KK's ROM on both of them. It allows me to use Sprint Navigation for free without any prompts or limitations. I didn't call in about this or anything. It was actually a shock to me.

sbux_jae 01-30-2009 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterMP0315 (Post 678227)
I have 2 TPs both on SERO plans and just put KK's ROM on both of them. It allows me to use Sprint Navigation for free without any prompts or limitations. I didn't call in about this or anything. It was actually a shock to me.

I think you have to wait until the end of your billing cycle, to see if you get charged or not. It's not just the prompt...

MisterMP0315 01-30-2009 03:44 AM

It just ended.

gxip 01-30-2009 01:05 PM

If you want free sprint navigation, you can always use the trial period, hard reset, and use it again. I've done that a couple of times and still seems to work for me. The obvious drawback would be having to hard reset the phone whenever you want this. Which probably kills the idea or solution, lol. Not that there aren't better solutions for people that don't have the everything plan. Just thought I'd share, in case no one had realized this.

ki4ppg 01-30-2009 01:12 PM

I've had the everything plan for a year now and sprint nav is indeed free. Telenav is $9.99 a month

eric254 05-06-2009 10:35 PM

i work for Sprint and if you have the Simply Everything, Everything Data (individual or shared) you have free navigation