PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2008, 09:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Got one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
Not to say that some are having problems but OFTEN the problems are a bit magnified because people are more likely to speak up when they are dissatisfied than when they are satisfied.
This is true. I'm sure there are TONS of completely happy TP owners that don't even know sites like this exist.

My boss bought a new TP the day they came out at Best Buy & it was a TOTAL COMPLETE POS. It was hard to believe they even released it & he returned it in a week later. He was so pissed he didn't even want another one & he just bought a Blackberry Storm.

His experience had me pretty paranoid about buying a TP, but then I figured if I bought one & hated it I would dump it on ebay.

I use Verizon service ( suffered through 2 years of Sprints god awful service & would NEVER EVER go back) but wanted the Sprint version of the TP. I bought a brand new Sprint TP on ebay, flashed it with the leaked vz ROM & activated in with my vz account.

My TP has been the exact opposite of the one my boss bought. Mine is perfect & has absolutely NONE of the problems you see on this site.

~John
Old 12-11-2008, 09:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4
Carrier: Sprint

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
agreed, mogul is to a nightmare as touch pro is to a dream. i loved my mogul, but it was a love-hate relationship. there's no room for hate with my TP.
You are going against everything that you agreed too in the post that you quoted. The mogul had issues but it was far from a nightmare as I enjoyed the mogul in it's later life more than I am enjoying my TP.

I am not complaining about the pro as I expected issues. I just had to soft reset while posting as the phone slows down to a crawl for no reason. I will be going back to the stock rom as it wasn't the cause.

Once again, I am not bashing it nor do I regret it. I am just backing up the mogul that gets bashed so badly. I will stay away from installing my favorite customizations to see if it was the cause (which I believe). On a good note, I have no charging issues while using GPS though. I'll just replace it when there is a better stock.

To the thread opener. People with issues like I am experiencing are the far minority so enjoy your phone.

Last edited by esqueue; 12-11-2008 at 10:03 PM.
Old 12-12-2008, 03:46 AM
afx
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)
Threadstarter

afx is keeping up the good workafx is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by esqueue View Post
You are going against everything that you agreed too in the post that you quoted. The mogul had issues but it was far from a nightmare as I enjoyed the mogul in it's later life more than I am enjoying my TP.

I am not complaining about the pro as I expected issues. I just had to soft reset while posting as the phone slows down to a crawl for no reason. I will be going back to the stock rom as it wasn't the cause.

Once again, I am not bashing it nor do I regret it. I am just backing up the mogul that gets bashed so badly. I will stay away from installing my favorite customizations to see if it was the cause (which I believe). On a good note, I have no charging issues while using GPS though. I'll just replace it when there is a better stock.

To the thread opener. People with issues like I am experiencing are the far minority so enjoy your phone.

I disagree, the mogul WAS A nightmare for me, every day when I would have to dial and see that quarter second lag was reminder of how much I hated that phone.

A phone that no matter how many times it was replaced, a small light spot would form on the screen and gradually get bigger and bigger

A phone where the talk button would constantly stop working and had to be replaced

A phone that was meant for wm5 and loaded with 64 meg of ram then updated to wm6 then 6.1 with the same ram that damn near crippled it.

A phone that was supposed to get rev.a and gps "soon" only to be given crippled 13 months later.

A Phone that had to be soft reset every other day because of ram leaks (yes a WM problem but the amount they put in it exacerbated the problem)

A phone that lagged so much graphically that HTC admitted a problem and said they were making a "fix" that has still yet to be released.

A Phone that still doesn't have a working alarm.

Im surprised I even bought another HTC after the horseturd the mogul was.

Last edited by afx; 12-12-2008 at 03:48 AM.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:13 AM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I still have two Titan/Mogul phones. I love my TP, but I love those older phones also & I miss some of the features those phones had (like dedicated hardware buttons).

I wasn't happy with them when they where new & had to tweak the heck out of them, but I would do the same thing with any new computer also so that's no big deal to me.

One of those phones is running neuROM3 for the extra memory it provides & that phone rocks. I daily streamed video from a slingbox, texted with sms-chat, listened to Sirius, listen to music & watched video from my 16 gig card using a Motorola S9 stereo BT headset, navigated with GPS etc etc etc etc Running nue it booted with 20 MB of free ram & never froze up or gave any memory errors ever.

I am keeping that phone for a spare & will probably use it occasionally. I actually like the hardware KB better in the Titan also. IMHO, the sprint TP KB sucks.. I find the buttons too small & too stiff to be very useful. I use software KB's most of the time, so that doesn't really matter to me.

~John
Old 12-12-2008, 09:34 AM
nuttymango

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I bought a brand new Sprint TP on ebay, flashed it with the leaked vz ROM & activated in with my vz account.
I have a vz voice-only plan with a dumb phone. Do you think I can activate a Sprint TP like you did? Some thoughts:

1.The lack of a data plan doesn't matter to me as long as it has bluetooth and wifi.

2. The lack of a data plan might matter to a vz tech person and might prevent them activating my phone. Do they even have to get involved?
Old 12-12-2008, 09:38 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbux_jae View Post
Welcome to the family! Get ready to lose hours of sleep from customizing your new baby!
Indeed!
Old 12-12-2008, 10:28 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttymango View Post
I have a vz voice-only plan with a dumb phone. Do you think I can activate a Sprint TP like you did? Some thoughts:

1.The lack of a data plan doesn't matter to me as long as it has bluetooth and wifi.

2. The lack of a data plan might matter to a vz tech person and might prevent them activating my phone. Do they even have to get involved?
I'm not 100% sure what happens if you don't have any data plan as vz requires the $29 data plan on any new PPC they sell.

It seems if you go the route here & do it all yourself that you are probably just fine, but I'm not really 100% sure.

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro