PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Skype 2.5 On Sprint Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=48658)

pezx44 12-11-2008 05:24 PM

Skype 2.5 On Sprint Touch Pro

Has anyone tried the newest Skype 2.5 Beta on their TP with Sprint? I noticed some people in their forums were having problems with using it over 3G and the release notes also said "Log into Skype from any WiFi zone to make free calls and send instant messages to anyone else on Skype, anywhere in the world, any day of the week" in their release notes, conveniently leaving out 3G. I can't really test it myself because i only have 1x, but I use skype a lot when traveling and I'd like to upgrade since they state that they improved the sound. Thanks for any feedback.

3boos 12-11-2008 06:13 PM

Re: Skype 2.5 On Sprint Touch Pro

I tried it on my Mogul, and it worked just fine with the wired headset (and also without if you don't mind that the voice comes from the speaker phone).
But I will look around (also would like to know) if there is any way to make it work with the bluetooth headsets!

phistyle 12-11-2008 06:20 PM

I wished there was a front camera so we could use the camera like a webcam and type at the same time as on a computer...

pezx44 12-11-2008 06:23 PM

Don't think you'll have much luck with the bluetooth. I've used skype on mobile for a while. I had bt headsets and I seem to recall my S9s working for both voice and sound, but I'm now convinced that I am remembering wrong. Sound definitely comes through on bt with past skype releases, but it uses the phone mic.

And just a little clarification, you're using it over EVDO, right? Anyone out there using it on the TP?

AndyCR512 12-11-2008 06:27 PM

I use it. It works OK on 3G. There's a little choppiness at times, if you're moving fast.

TheRealHotshot 12-11-2008 06:33 PM

Ok I never used skype but wanna try this program. My question is should I download this from my phone or should I download from my pc with activesync?

JickBahTech 12-11-2008 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not_A_Stain (Post 573086)
Ok I never used skype but wanna try this program. My question is should I download this from my phone or should I download from my pc with activesync?

No difference. I prefer downloading the .cab, that way I can keep them on my mem card in case of a crash.

2.5 beta has been working fine for me over EVDO. Does get choppy while driving around though.

HBOOT 12-11-2008 07:21 PM

Not a stain, it is you again!! lol, either way will work man. I make lots of overseas call with it and it is superb, works better than the mogul.....:mrgreen: and can't beat free, I do not recall the last time I made a land line long distance call or used a calling card, that is retard I believe...:mrgreen:

TheRealHotshot 12-11-2008 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbenz2008 (Post 573171)
Not a stain, it is you again!! lol, either way will work man. I make lots of overseas call with it and it is superb, works better than the mogul.....:mrgreen: and can't beat free, I do not recall the last time I made a land line long distance call or used a calling card, that is retard I believe...:mrgreen:

Haha yep! Its me again! I'm not new to ppc stuff just a few apps I haven't used or tried :-D I'm still trying to get the remote desktop working imma try again tonight I should be home at a decent hour. But back on topic if I download right from my phone I'm asking will I be able to make an account with skype or sign up right from the phone cause I never used this program before.

exterminator20 12-11-2008 08:01 PM

I always receive an error[missing files]after install......?