PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2008, 04:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: SPRINT

djbigz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro Replacement

Received my pro replacement today, brand new in the box. My question is do I have to return the original phone's battery/cover, accessories, etc?? The padded return envelope basically has room for the phone only. What you think?
Old 12-11-2008, 04:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Touch Pro Replacement

I don't know how Sprint works, but with Verizon nothing happens even if you don't return anything (including the phone)

~John
Old 12-11-2008, 04:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dole is becoming a great contributor

From what I've heard, Usually Sprint only cares about the handset itself. Nothing else.
Verizon: Motorola v325

"Make a u-turn, and then, continue"
Old 12-11-2008, 04:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbigz View Post
Received my pro replacement today, brand new in the box. My question is do I have to return the original phone's battery/cover, accessories, etc?? The padded return envelope basically has room for the phone only. What you think?
I was told that you have to return the phone or asurion will charge 200 to your sprint account. It comes with a sleeve to send the phone back, nothing but the phone will fit... you can of course keep the battery and play stupid just incase, but i wouldnt test the waters.

I just got my replacement today too. I was surprised to find out they send a brand new one and not a refurb!
Old 12-11-2008, 04:12 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yes! You must return everything. It will fit, trust me, If you don't, they can charge you whatever amount they deem credible on your next bill. Plus, it's the right thing to do. Use the force, me merry, and, most of all.....you don't mess with the zohan!
Old 12-11-2008, 04:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

Darkflame808 is keeping up the good workDarkflame808 is keeping up the good work

When I got my touch vogue, I just kept the battery. All the care about is the main phone itself.

When you call it in, just ask them to send you an additional mailer for the battery. Explain to them that when you put the battery in the phone gets REALLY hot. Tell them you are worried the battery might cause damage to the phone or the mailer and don't want anything happening to the phone on it's way back that might affect your claim.

These have been my responses thus far.

"You can just toss the battery"
"All we need is the main handset"

One lady seemed really concern and she said
"you can discard the battery, be careful in packing it so that it doesn't cause a fire or anything"

Last edited by Darkflame808; 12-11-2008 at 04:38 PM.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

SkunkApe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkunkApe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkunkApe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkunkApe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkunkApe is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

every time i got a new in box replacement, ive only sent back the phone and kept everything else. Done that a few times actually, and ive never had any problems.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I had asked the rep who ordered my replacement phone what all I needed to return and was told to just return the handset without the battery or accessories.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:53 PM
N00b
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

djbigz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkApe View Post
every time i got a new in box replacement, ive only sent back the phone and kept everything else. Done that a few times actually, and ive never had any problems.
Even the battery cover?
Old 12-11-2008, 04:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

This is just speculation, but since the Sprint stores are known for having "extra" battery covers, I think it would be safe to say that they do not care if the battery cover is returned or not either. How else would the stores have extras?
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro